Page 2 of 4
Quote by Stranglehold
Crystal Logic and Open The Gates.....where do I go from here?

Mystification and The Deluge
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Yes.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by Pernell
MA reviews for these guys: relatively unbiased or fanboyism run amok?

Are all Manilla Road releases really so damned good?

Pernell: Asker of the obvious

The answer, simply, is yes. Circus Maximus doesn't count, but it's still very good.
It is a mix of both, because once anybody listens to Manilla Road they instantly become a fanboy.
It took me a while to get used to their style...

but once it hits you it's just amazing.
^^^ this is also true.

Manilla Road is the kind of band where you can listen to an album 7 or 8 times in a row and you won't remember ****. Then, when you listen to it a month later, everything hits you.

HOW DOES HE DO IT?????
Does anyone else ever get so overwhelmed when listening to this band? I spun Spiral Castle today and I couldn't believe my ears, again. It's so finely crafted and layered. With each release this band manages to re-invent itself, unbelievable.
I think you know my answer :p

Spiral Castle is my favorite release from them. Merchants of Death's lyrics are orgasmic, and completely true.
I feel the spongebob reference is in order here: HOW DOES HE DO IT????? Also gave Voyager a spin today, nice to know Shelton's still got it. One can only wonder how many more albums this band can pump out...
Why haven't I listened to these guys before!?

I've been listening to these guys all day. I got through Open the Gates, The Deluge, and Crystal Logic. Whoo!

Phenomenal music right here.
Philosophy > Life
Lovely band. I've only got Crystal Logic at the mo', but I will definitely be acquiring more soon.
Crystal Logic, Open the Gates and Deluge are probably their best, and IMO most of the stuff after them isn't that great.
The chorus to Necropolis is so overwhelming, every time I hear it I go insane.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

The reunion albums are so damn good.

****, all their albums are so damn good. Even the first 2.
LOST IN NECROPOLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Why is Kreator banned?
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
I know, I know everyone gather round while I tell the story:

He banned himself because he wanted to waste less time on here, he says he's happy he did it, its a 60 day ban
He got it by spamming the hell out of the pit
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Epic metal... CONJURERS!

Crystal Logic is what my friends and I listen to when we geek out on Fridays. Sooo good.
I haven't listened to these guys in a while... I must remedy this.

CRYYYY-STAL!
LOOO-GIIIC!
IN THIS WORD'S DARKEST HOURRRRRR
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
The Mark Of The Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeeest
i am the moonstar
Soooo I still only own Voyager and Open the Gates. How big of a loser am I?
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Quote by The Frayed Ends
LOST IN NECROPOLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Why is Kreator banned?

Old post is old.

SO OLD IT BELONGS IN NECROPOLIS.
Quote by guitgrinder
Why, exactly, is the biggest thread of Manilla Road less than 100 posts? Because you gayballs are neglecting this shit. Fuck your favorite band! Listen to ManillQ Road!

edit: fanciest goddamn "a" I've ever seen
Last edited by Pernell at Feb 16, 2010,
Still havent picked up more than two of these lads albums... really should get round to it!!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Definitely, especially because you honestly can pick one up at random and it will be awesome

EDIT: I also think that their first two albums are sorely under-appreciated and should get much more recognition, even if they are to Manilla Road quite like what Rocka Rolla is to Judas Priest

Last edited by Kepulix at Apr 28, 2010,
MANILLA ROAD - After Midnight Live
SKR035CD
Release Date: April 2010
CD
$12.00
Manilla Road, the grandfathers of Epic Heavy Metal are truly a remarkable band in the history of Heavy Metal. This release marks a time period before the break out of their first album "Invasion". These 5 songs mark the 2nd half of their very long radio show on a cold, snowy night in the winter of December 1979. Luckily the 2nd half of the show has all the unreleased Manilla Road songs fans are dying to hear. These songs represent the "Invasion" sound and the start of one of the greatest Heavy Metal bands in the history of Heavy Metal. There's 5 Epic songs, transferred straight off the master tapes untouched, raw, and with antique charm.

1. Chromaphobia
2. Life's So Hard
3. Pentacle Of Truth
4. Dream Of Peace
5. Herman Hill

Coming out this week.

www.shadowkingdomrecords.com
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Yeah, that should be of absolutely top quality as well

It's from Shadow Kingdom. That's all you need to know. Guaranteed quality right there.

That sight is golden.
Quote by \Powerslave/
It's from Shadow Kingdom. That's all you need to know. Guaranteed quality right there.

That sight is golden.

Speaking of Shadow Kingdom... I got to meet the infamous Tim McGrogan at the Iron Man/Argus show I went to last Friday. Not at all what I was expecting. Cool guy though, and we discussed the brilliance of Altar of Oblivion.

So on eBay the other day, I saw a digipack CD copy of The Deluge go for FREAKING $1026.00 or something like that! I REALLLLLLLLLY wish they would reissue most of MR's discog. already.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Quote by Mark Shelton's Facebook
We have finished tracking the album now. Just a few little things to check out and maybe fix and then it's on to the mix. I am thinking I should be done with the editing and mixing in about two weeks...I hope.
Up The Hammers
Shark

Just as I have been thinking its about time for more Manilla Road

YES
i am the moonstar
Yesh! I hope Mark never dies and keeps putting out top quality albums one after another till the end of time

Why does this thread not have 10,000 posts by now?
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
These guys are playing Hammer of Doom '11 along with Solstice, and Doomsword. jizz.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
The one in October, aye? Shiet, I still haven't even gotten my ticket for the first one, haha... anyone planning to come to either?
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?