Page 2 of 14
unless you use elvenefris as background music and aren't paying attention then i dont see how its boring
Quote by phili666
LOLWHAT?

i've listened to that album near 100 times, if not more, and no song gets boring once

it is a flawless album, perfect in every way

Do you want to know a flaw? A quite simple one?

It's really fucking predictable.

Second one?

Really fucking repetitive.
Quote by phili666
unless you use elvenefris as background music and aren't paying attention then i dont see how its boring

When I take a juicy beer shit and I hear that melodic rhythm that my tiny little watery turds make when they shoot out... that beats Lykathea Aflame.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by webbtje
Do you want to know a flaw? A quite simple one?

It's really fucking predictable.

Second one?

Really fucking repetitive.

no, its neither.
maybe you should listen again, or fix your ears

Quote by webbtje
When I take a juicy beer **** and I hear that melodic rhythm that my tiny little watery turds make when they shoot out... that beats Lykathea Aflame.

i guess ignorance truely is bliss
Quote by webbtje
Elvenefris' formula gets very, very boring after you listen to two or three songs.

Thank you for finally tipping that sacred cow. I completely agree, though I still like the album.
Lykathea Aflame can blow me. Easily the most overhyped band the metal forum discusses.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Quote by The Frayed Ends
Lykathea Aflame can blow me. Easily the most overhyped band the metal forum discusses.

ZING
Quote by phili666
no, its neither.
maybe you should listen again, or fix your ears

Most of that album is horrifically structured. Hey, let's do some deathy stuff! Let's do some melodic stuff with some wanker talking for no apparent reason! Hey, let's do some deathy stuff! Hey, let's do some melodic stuff! Hey, let's do some deathy stuff! Hey, let's do some melodic stuff! Transitions are for pussies, let's just stick all the parts together without bothering about making the song cohesive! Songs are basically just jumbled-up collections of riffs, right? Right?

And it's not repetitive? Learn how to count.

Quote by \Powerslave/
Webbtje, weren't you fellating Elvenefris a few months ago ?

Listening to it carefully has changed my little mind.
Last edited by webbtje at May 29, 2009,
Elvenefris kicks ass because I say so.

Quod erat demonstrandum.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I should have taken the Lost Relic and done Elvenefris just to burn the asshairs of half of this forum.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Yeah, but i'm not a prick.

Actually, thats a lie, i'm just a selective prick.
LAMMERGEIER
Quote by The Frayed Ends

Eh. NeO beats them for most overhyped, and/or most overrated band the metal forum fellates.
Quote by Burning_Angel
Eh. NeO beats them for most overhyped, and/or most overrated band the metal forum fellates.

This is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Amazing album. Probably one of the few Melodic Death bands that actually are Melodic death metal not metalcore.

Amazing album.

Michael is simply an amazing guitarist and this album is one of the best death metal albums ever.

One of my favorite death metal albums.
Quote by Dyer's Eve
I should have taken the Lost Relic and done Elvenefris just to burn the asshairs of half of this forum.

Since when was The Sound of Perseverance death metal? And since when was Bill Steer not the writer of the vast majority of Carcass' stuff, and the player of all the rhythm guitars?
And since when was Bill Steer not the writer of the vast majority of Carcass' stuff, and the player of all the rhythm guitars?

Since Arch Enemy got more fans than Carcass.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.

epitaph!! the thing i like about epitaph is that it isn't overly morbid and it's lyrics are 100% related to the death of a human soul which. most death metal these days just goes over the top with gore and guts which is straight, but I like the symbolic presentation of death that epitaph has. Every song on that album is about death but to look at the lyrics you'd have to analyze exactly what aspect of death suicmez is describing.

and I cant believe that some people said suffocation effigy of the forgotten, i listened to that album, it just sounds like a bunch of jumbled bull****. I think they are all skilled musicians for sure but their end product just has no headbangability
Last edited by slickthellama at May 29, 2009,
and I cant believe that some people said suffocation effigy of the forgotten, i listened to that album, it just sounds like a bunch of jumbled bull****. I think they are all skilled musicians for sure but their end product just has no headbangability

lolwut?

But you're posting Necrophagist. They just do random sweeps and sh-t. I wouldn't expect you to know about headbangability. Tech Death = one big f-cking yawn (with the exception of maybe 3 bands)
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by slickthellama

Failure beyond words.
i agree most tech death is indeed terrible but necrophagist does have breakdowns and their guitar work is phenomenal but you have to be a guitarist to understand that it's not random sweeps.
I'm a guitarist. Just one who doesn't enjoy boring wank-fests. And Suffo. breakdowns >>>>>>>> Necrophagist breakdowns.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Quote by InvaderTSN
Failure beyond words.

well i guess it's all opinion. I just dont like the way the suffocation effigy of the forgotten is all jumbled up. I do like the song infecting the crypts off that album though that song is sweet.

listen to the song ignomious and pale off epitaph, that isnt random sweeps, at one point there are actually dueling solos that elaborate upon one another.

again, it's all opinion
I've heard the whole CD. I still think it sucks. But you're right, it's all opinions.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Heartwork, Sound of Perseverance, Arsis, Arch Enemy albums? pathetic. Not even death metal.

The real answer:

No other album combines a technical, slithering, writhing display of guitarwork with such an ominous atmosphere. The finest moment from Morbid Angel and indeed all of death metal.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by webbtje
Since when was The Sound of Perseverance death metal? And since when was Bill Steer not the writer of the vast majority of Carcass' stuff, and the player of all the rhythm guitars?

Since, it came out?
Quote by Stranglehold
Heartwork, Sound of Perseverance, Arsis, Arch Enemy albums? pathetic. Not even death metal.

The real answer:

No other album combines a technical, slithering, writhing display of guitarwork with such an ominous atmosphere. The finest moment from Morbid Angel and indeed all of death metal.

You're an idiot.
You obviously dont have a clue about Death Metal, or metal in general. Please do not waste typing space on this forum with such crap. The Sound of Perseverance is well-played boring melodic crap.... what is with kids these days not understanding what real death metal represents? Its not even close to it. Death stopped being Death Metal in about 1989.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold

The real answer:

You're an idiot.

EDIT: Morbid Angel, real extreme BROOTAL DEATHZ DUDZ1!!11
Quote by herman ri2
You're an idiot.

Your username is taken from someone from Dragonforce. You dont have an opinion on anything, and will grow out of metal soon. Its ok though, make use of the image for a while, its very fashionable these days.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by herman ri2
You're an idiot.

Quote by herman ri2
Morbid Angel, real extreme BROOTAL DEATHZ DUDZ1!!11

Ok then.
Quote by Stranglehold
You obviously dont have a clue about Death Metal, or metal in general. Please do not waste typing space on this forum with such crap. The Sound of Perseverance is well-played boring melodic crap.... what is with kids these days not understanding what real death metal represents? Its not even close to it. Death stopped being Death Metal in about 1989.

people like you make me laugh.

The ones that point out what is real metal and what is not. You guys are hilarious.

Seriously, get a life.
EDIT: Morbid Angel, real extreme BROOTAL DEATHZ DUDZ1!!11

Just go. Seriously.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Oh, you mean.....metal fans? Yeah, I wouldn't expect to find them in the metal forum either. Bet you have a huge metal collection downloaded onto a hard drive somewhere.

You really think Arsis and Arch Enemy and all that crap make music worthy of being called Death metal? You are a metal tourist, a passer-by.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested