5 19%
The Line 6
17 63%
Just get a guitar
4 15%
Other {mention in thread}
1 4%
Voters: 27.
I've been wanting to get a good multi-effects pedal for sometime, so that I can finally get some good quality recordings done. I was originally saving up for a guitar, maybe some sort of Epiphone LP, but I figured I should expand the sounds I can get with my Ibanez with some multi-effect pedal before getting a completely new guitar.

Info (so people don't ask):

Amp: Roland Cube 30x
- please no "save up for a new amp" suggestions because I just bought this amp a month ago and I'm pleased with it. However, recording with it is difficult, because it's a little hard to control the volume. Anyway, I'm not looking for a new amp so please don't suggest it

Guitar: Ibanez RG2EX1
- Kind of a "metal" guitar. I wanted a LP Goldtop because of the P90's so I can get a more versatile and different sound. But like I said above, I want to search every nook and cranny with that thing with a multi-effects pedal before buying a completely new guitar.

Style of Music:
- I guess my "goal" in guitar world is to be a successful metal guitarist. I want to sweep, shredd, and basically just rock out. But I love playing acoustic songs with chords and some simple rock songs. I'm also learning Fur Elise by Beethoven. I will always be a metal guitarist, but I want to be more than that. So that's that.

Which multi-effects pedal is better?
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Last edited by larrytheguitar at May 31, 2009,
Boss Multi-effects aren't very good.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Quote by nightraven
neither are too great, especially with your amp, just stick to the effects you have onboard.
i voted guitar because i hate ibanez guitars and it's the best thing to upgrade if you dont want a new amp...

I'm not going to be using it on my amp. Most of the time anyways. It's for recording.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar
I'm not going to be using it on my amp. Most of the time anyways. It's for recording.

I can understand its for recording but a pod x3 live has better tone than a roland cube 30x...
So long story short, get the Line 6?

He will be missed.
Yes, the X3 LIVE is better than the BOSS, and probably most other multi-effect floor types in that price range.

It'll probably obsolete your amp, too.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Vox tonelab sounds nice.
Gear:
Fender American Strat
Washburn Idol
Pitchblack > Cst OD > M5 > Flashback Tripple Delay > SIZE=1]Whirly Verb
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
Marshall 1960AV
Go with POD. The Boss ME-70 is lots of fun, but it sounds really .....