VoidedSquirrel
20 IQ
Hi chaps,

I've currently got some cheap strings on my acoustic guitar and my fingers are turning a very strange blue/green colour!

I've been told that Elixir strings are the ones to go for.

Is there much of a difference in sound between the Nanoweb and Polyweb types?

The website says that the Nanoweb strings have a brighter sound. Will I tell the difference?

Do they feel much different?

Thanks.
FretboardToAsh
UG's Wise Man Says
20 IQ
I've had elixir, didn't do jack for me. They say they last a lot longer but imo they're no better than d'addario. For electric I use ernie ball, for acoustic I use Hannabach.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Fender for life
10 IQ
i use elixir all the time and they are very good. D'addario strings last like a week with me...but that is due to my sweaty hands problem...altough the lighter ones tend to be a bit dull...i use 56'
...Fender + Ritchie Blackmore = hours and hours of GREAT music and guitar execusions...
Last edited by Fender for life at Jun 3, 2009,
ObsceneGestures
Awesome
10 IQ
I use .13 Elixir Nanowebs on my acoustic and I love them.

Honestly couldn't tell you the difference between poly/nano, though.
Genius may have its limitations; stupidity is not thus handicapped.
stxp64
30 IQ
elixirs seem to be overpriced/overhyped imo.
they are good quality, but there is a point at which many other cheaper strings do the same

nano's i feel are much easy on the fingers, smother and a bit softer than poly's. also, dont get the cryo frozen ones..way to stiff and painful. tkes so long to break them in for use its not really worth it