dwightleach
247 IQ
We've all heard it, and if you haven't then your a commie. What I wanna know is, how does the song make you feel. I mean, I can't get through the song without a smile or a chill going up my spine. And to be clear I'm talking about the video where there's two drummers and that guitarist has the blue top hat and beard and Cockers' wearing that superman shirt not the Woodstock one. Anyways, tell me what emotion you get from hearing that song. thanx for the input
guitarsftw
UG's Boss
860 IQ
i feel like he's singing it straight to me, ya know? he's so soulful and puts every ounce of energy into every note. it is one of my favorite songs.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
A Rolling Stone
1,112 IQ
Never was a big Joe Cocker fan. Actually, I flat-out dislikethe guy. His voice, his, in my opinion, terrible covers. Alot of people like him and I respect their opinion but anytime I hear him on the radio I turn the dial no matter what.
Pot
Kettle
Black
jimmyled
*****es ain't ****
783 IQ
Isn't it from Woodstock? I quite liked it. And why are you saying commie as if it's a bad thing?
esp1234
UG's firs-ahscrew it.
3,090 IQ
I like that screaming his does towards the end of the song. I always get chills during that part
A Rolling Stone
1,112 IQ
Quote by jimmyled
Isn't it from Woodstock?

Yes, it was performed at Woodstock. A few days later (literally less than a week after the end of the festival) it was released on Joe's first album named after the song. I think the album had a few Dylan covers on it which weren't too bad.
Pot
Kettle
Black
vintage x metal
Brown-Thighed Girl
5,308 IQ
Very good, I love it. It's full of soul
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Marcos Zarevich
21 IQ
one of the best covers ever! by the way, Jimmy Page plays some guitar on that. The whole With a little help from my friends album is awesome, plenty of top England musicians from that era, like Page, Stevie Winwood, Chris Stainton, highly recommendable.
eberg2
947 IQ
I really like Joe's voice, some of his songs I don't really like, but his voice is one of the most soulfull I've ever heard
master
UG Board King
1,387 IQ
His version of "heard it through the grapevine" is killer too. God I love Joe Cocker.
Led Pepplin
Herp Derp
691 IQ
Absolutely great. The only good Beatles cover IMO, mainly because Joe completely changed the feel. He made it soulful. Still prefer The Beatles version though.
bladedguitar66
The Good Catches Up
525 IQ
There's a load of feeling in that song. I like it, especially the opening guitar part.
I have more fun than normal people are allowed to have.

Quote by Kensai

Happy RUTAS everybody