Page 2 of 4
Quote by \Powerslave/
I mean I hate coming off as an elitist, but quite honestly I find it very difficult to see any reasoning behind your opinion. I, among many others, consider it to be the very best full length album of the entire NWOBHM. Aside from a couple of demos, you honestly can't find any music better than this from that movement. It just possesses an energy that many can't top.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, nigga diz be some good shit.

Welcome to my opinion, take a seat.

Like I said, it's a good album but nothing mind-blowing or anything. I enjoy it but there are way more trad. bands that I prefer.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Care to explain why? Just saying that "it's good but not great" doesn't make it very clear what your opinion really is.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree
Care to explain why? Just saying that "it's good but not great" doesn't make it very clear what your opinion really is.

Sure, i've got time.

I think the main reason that I call them "good but not great" is simply because that's how it is. There's nothing particularly bad about it but there's nothing special either. Like I say, I do like them... but they fail to excite me or keep me hooked. Firstly, I find the production annoying. I know it's not their fault but it's just annoying... not that bad but annoying. I think a lot of it is fairly generic... particularly some of the melodies. Just a quick example since it's the song i'm listening to now.. the first riff is unbearably silly. The melodies are dull and unmemorable largely. Most importantly though, the vocals are bad. They're like Pentagram but just not as fitting.. they sound drained, weak and unconvincing. Of course these are just negative aspects. Overall it's a good album.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
^ Like Pentagram??? Eh....I really really dont see where you get that!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Only thing I can agree on is the production.
I simply love the interplay between the guitars and the bass, some of the best I've heard, and so early, too.

Also, hot damn. I LOVE Pentagram.

...would you love me?
Definitley considering KIT next year solely for Satan and Brocas Helm, not to mention Enforcer and Vektor playing. Assuming i can fit it into my final year of university timetable it should be affordable.
Quote by Stranglehold
^ Like Pentagram??? Eh....I really really dont see where you get that!

Quite dull, gloomy vocals for both of them. It just so happens that Pentagram's vocals fit the music well.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Man are you listening to the same band? Brian Ross's vocals are pure high and full of power.... nothing really gloomy about them...
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
This is Isabiggles
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by logboy
Definitley considering KIT next year solely for Satan and Brocas Helm, not to mention Enforcer and Vektor playing. Assuming i can fit it into my final year of university timetable it should be affordable.

Exact same reasoning as me

Dont forget, Sacrifice (Can) are playing too!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
Man are you listening to the same band? Brian Ross's vocals are pure high and full of power.... nothing really gloomy about them...

The tone is dull and uncharasmatic in my opinion.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Quote by Stranglehold

I always found his vocals to be rather relaxing when he's using his lower range and not breaking into falsettos, pretty unique sound to his voice.
Honestly, I'm trying to see your reasoning, but I can't see any comparison between Satan and Pentagram as logical. They're nothing alike. I know you're trying to point out the dullness in the vocals, but I just don't hear it. It's energetic if anything...
I sure as hell wouldn't want the vocals any different. Lord knows how easily I get sick of whiney vocals like Bruce Dickinson. The vocals have energy and power without becoming nut-bustingly annoying. Okay, Bruce isn't that bad, but still.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Quote by \Powerslave/
Honestly, I'm trying to see your reasoning, but I can't see any comparison between Satan and Pentagram as logical. They're nothing alike. I know you're trying to point out the dullness in the vocals, but I just don't hear it. It's energetic if anything...

The vocals.. just the vocals. The vocals sound fairly similar. That's all i've ever said when comparing the two.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
S.C.U.M. is just the coolest damn song. I wanna start a barfight every time I hear it.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Just got around to listening to these guys properly..Extremely awesome stuff. Court in the Act is the only thing i've got though.
One of these bands that everyone in their right mind should know.

Court in the Act is nothing short of a masterpiece.

...would you love me?
This band is great.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Buried by time and dust....surely the kings of classic metal reissues at this stage.

Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Court in the Act is amazing. We had an original pressing from '83 a few years ago, kept in a ground floor storage unit, along with about half of my Dad's metal collection. And along with the rest of that collection, it was trashed when the place flooded. Bought the re-issue for my Dad's birthday last year.

Can't believe this thread hasn't seen more action.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
Court in the Act is amazing. We had an original pressing from '83 a few years ago, kept in a ground floor storage unit, along with about half of my Dad's metal collection. And along with the rest of that collection, it was trashed when the place flooded. Bought the re-issue for my Dad's birthday last year.

Welcome to all my threads.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

I think I just cried a little inside. That is an awful thing to happen...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
My Dad actually cried. That storage unit was just about his entire life from the age of 10, to about 45, in musical form; and I hate to think of the monetary value of the records he had, as well as all the live videos and stuff. He's steadily rebuilding his collection though, despite the fact its costing him far more than it did the first time round.

Quote by \Powerslave/
Welcome to all my threads.

I've actually noticed that. A ****ing shame, you had some top band threads that only have about 2 pages.
THE AXEMAN!!

If life was fair this thread would have more posts than the Deathcore thread.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
I've totally neglected this band. And since I'm generally lacking in trad. metal releases altogether, this thread inspired me to grab Court in the Act.

I won't have time to listen to it for a while, but I'll make sure I get to it tonight.
^ You won't regret it.

I had Court In The Act on in the car on the way to my job interview today. Put me in a brilliant mood, and managed to offset the tripe they made me do in the interview itself.
THE AXEMAN!!

Listening to it now. The version I got was the remaster, although it was not labeled as such.

The mastering on this version sucks. The drums dominate everything, and I can barely hear the riffs or the vocals. And since those are the main things I care about, it's kinda hard for me to get into this. It doesn't help that the guitars have the mids scooped.

What I can hear of the riffage is pretty good, though. I'll try to find the original and see if there's an improvement.
I am very familiar with NWOBHM, but I have to admit that I've never heard of Satan. Where were they from??

ron666
Quote by ron666
I am very familiar with NWOBHM, but I have to admit that I've never heard of Satan. Where were they from??

ron666

there
Philosophy > Life
Holy shit...'Break Free' from about 3 minutes onwards... this is what metal is made of!!!
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
Holy shit...'Break Free' from about 3 minutes onwards... this is what metal is made of!!!

I had that as my ring tone for a very long time. Breaking Free is one of my all time favorite metal tunes.
S.C.U.M. is one hell of a song. Makes me wanna start barfights and be a badass. Plus that solo, my god man.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Quote by we_built_a_tree
England.

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

ron666
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Wow. I wasn't even aware they were active. One of the very few Trad bands I can enjoy
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by Stranglehold

Goddammit! It says that the video is private!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
They played London the other day with the original 'Court in the Act' line-up, Witchfynde, Dark Forest (the good uk one) and Eliminator (also the good uk one)

If it wasn't for the fact Sosltice and Procession was the same night (and I could have afforded to go ) I'd have probably considered it.
thats like trying to choose between eternal blowjobs or a lifetime supply of the best beer one could ask for
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.