Page 3 of 4
New material? That's brilliant news, man. Any word on whether they'll be putting out a full length?
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
yeaaaa this is pretty great ! excited to see them in august
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Umm, nothing of value to contribute but that song was great. If the whole album is that quality than it will be every bit as good as Court in the Act.
Great new track.. some bands simply never lose it.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
oh my goodness this is good. 2nd song is total magic
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Pure awesome. Gonna have to keep an eye out for when they tour for it, gotta see that
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
The listens to each song are a graphic representation of being false in the metal world.

Time to Die - 3573
Twenty Twenty Five - 2303

and so on and so forth. The final song has under 900 listens. I dislike the metal community at this moment. People have problem sitting still, looks like a generation of metal listeners with restless leg syndrome and ADD.

Anyways, the album is beyond good. Heavy metal that has that excellent balance of melancholy and energy. Like, I'm listening to it, and it sounds sad, but it's just so upbeat it pushes right through, but doesn't lose that feeling behind it. Passion instead of melancholy perhaps, it's damn good either way.

EDIT: The intro riff on Personal Demon sounds like a Red Fang song.
Last edited by severed-metal at Apr 28, 2013,
Quote by severed-metal
People have problem sitting still, looks like a generation of metal listeners with restless leg syndrome and ADD.

Yeah, god damn kids get off my lawn.

Anyways, the album is beyond good. Heavy metal that has that excellent balance of melancholy and energy. Like, I'm listening to it, and it sounds sad, but it's just so upbeat it pushes right through, but doesn't lose that feeling behind it. Passion instead of melancholy perhaps, it's damn good either way.

I'm just glad that there's finally a band out there giving Satan a positive image. Normally, the (Jewish) media (with their extreme prejudice) depicts Satan as some awful, stereotypical demon Nazi.

Anyway, this band is good. Court in the Act is good. New album is good.
Quote by severed-metal
The listens to each song are a graphic representation of being false in the metal world.

Time to Die - 3573
Twenty Twenty Five - 2303

and so on and so forth. The final song has under 900 listens. I dislike the metal community at this moment. People have problem sitting still, looks like a generation of metal listeners with restless leg syndrome and ADD.

I noticed that too. I could understand people just listening to the first song if they're in a rush or if their brains simply overload from the great music, but who the hell listens to most of an album before turning it off?

As for the album itself, I think this is one of very few albums in the last decade from a classic Heavy Metal band that is actually of a similar quality to their best work, as opposed to something that has merely avoided declining into mediocrity.
I love how this album mirrors their first album in regard to the cover art and overall sound. Like it's the proper follow-up to Court in the Act that never happened 'till now.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Quote by illuminatiano
oh my goodness this is good. 2nd song is total magic

You're damned right!!! I think I'm going to listen to it again right now before I finish the album.

Edit:

Fantastic album. It's amazing that Satan still have it after all this time. Satan is most certainly one of the best speed metal bands in existence.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Apr 29, 2013,
Listened to this album again, and I must say, it still has the same kick. Looks like a keeper.
I really need to get on this. Like really really.

Just wishful thinking, but does it have Brian Ross? Or is it the guy from Suspended Sentence?
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
Oh shit. Well there's no sense in putting it off any longer.

edit - Haha, his name was Michael Jackson!
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
I'm coming back from my unbelievably long hiatus just to post about the new album.

Damn.

D.a.m.n.

Life Sentence is straight from 1983. It absolute rips. The production...the riffs...the vocals. Everything. It's anything and everything that I can possibly ask for with a comeback album. Brilliant. If you fellas haven't picked it up, you should be ashamed of yourself for being so fvcking unmetal.
Holy balls, "Court in the Act" is brilliant.

DEM VOCAL HARMONIES
DEM GUITAR SOLOS
DEM RIFFS

Catching these guys AGAIN in October! What an incredible fucking year of good news 2014 has been.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
I'm seriously considering going to their Toronto gig alone (which is something I never do) because I want to see them that bad.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
I hate both of you.

Life Sentence was definitely one of the top metal albums released last year, which was even after such a long hiatus.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Sep 17, 2014,
fuuu the SF show is at a 21+ venue. would have been awesome.

Sumdeus
These guys are most definitely worth catching live. It was ferocious the time I saw them.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by romencer17
fuuu the SF show is at a 21+ venue. would have been awesome.

wtf? how old is your ass? im 24 and i remember you posting on this forum when i was in high school lul
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Rome has to be at least 20 by now. I've been posting for 7 years and I remember when Rome liked metal.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
i will be 21 in exactly 11 months as of today. I was probably 15/16 when I started posting here so yes it's been a while haha

and hey progbass, I may not listen to 100 obscure black/death demos a week anymore but I'll still rep Manilla Road till I die!

Sumdeus
I recall when it was brutal death or the highway with you; small wonder you burned yourself out on it.
HESSIAN HAREM
Regardless of your attitude toward his listening habits, Rome is a great guy. This is coming from someone on the internet though, so don't trust it.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
haha not gonna lie, I don't remember the last time I listened to None So Vile.

and progbass I burned myself out on brutal death a while before turning away from metal hehe. I do remember probably a good year or two where I was just listening to whatever Ron recommended to me

^there, the VG seal of approval. I'm not a poser no matter how much Grateful Dead material I may have in my possession! I swear!

Sumdeus
Damn, no east coast dates.

If you have the chance to see these guys, don't miss it. They ****ing rip.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Regardless of your attitude toward his listening habits, Rome is a great guy. This is coming from someone on the internet though, so don't trust it.

Abraham Lincoln himself said "Don't trust anything you read on the internet"

Anywho, both Satan records are out of the typical aesthetics of my listening habit but perfectly alleviate "that itch". You know the one I speak of.
HESSIAN HAREM
I'm so sorry Proggy. I didn't know that your listening habits didn't have balls. It must be hard for you to be around such manly men all the time.
Quote by Senor Kristian
I'm not into typical heavy metal, I pick up around speed/crossover thrash stuff for early metal. Manilla Road, Mercyful Fate, Judas Priest, Legend, etc all being obvious exceptions.

Nothing like starting your day to Massacra's Apocalyptic Warriors though
HESSIAN HAREM
Idiots praising satan, this whole thread is like one big joke.