Page 2 of 4
I'll definately contribute once I get recording stuff (should happen pretty quickly if I get the Best Buy job.). I've got plenty of covers and an original that I'm really excited to finish up
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Yeah, right now my family is moving, so It'll be a while before I'm all situated. Plus, I've only got a crappy $10 Logitech mic, so it doesn't work that great. But once I'm able to, I'll throw up something, even if it's something real simple.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
if this is still going on, theres 2 acoustic songs in my profile.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Stud_Muffin/

covers are City and Colour- Against the Grain and Super8Shoes- Crumbs

get back to me what YOU think is the better song (crumbs is far better quality, from my desktop pc, and against the grain is from my crappy laptop mic)

peace
Quote by Stud_Muffin
get back to me what YOU think is the better song (crumbs is far better quality, from my desktop pc, and against the grain is from my crappy laptop mic)

I dig the first one a little more. The crappy quality gives it a good vibe. You don't like Elliot Smith by any chance, do you?
ermm, heard of elliot smith, cant say i've actually heard any of his work though unfortunately...

im planning to record either iris by goo goo dolls or crash into me by dave matthews band for my next project, then give up on covers for a while and get writing. just bought a new set of strings for my acoustic, so its given me inspiration to play it more
We seem to have plateaued at a measly sixteen songs. Is there no one else with some recording gear? I'll bet Neil Young could throw together as many songs in an hour!
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Aug 16, 2009,
I'll throw up a couple of things once I figure out where i stashed them...running linux now, so unless someone has drivers for my firewire solo for linux, i won't have anything new.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Dang, it is going slow. You can add my Wonderwall cover in my profile if you guys don't mind. >_>
Gear
Fender Hotrod Deville 2x12
Fender MIM Strat | Epi Dot 335
Fulltone '69 mkii | Boss OD-1
'95 RAT2 | '78 IC Big Muff | DL4
Quote by GC Shred Off
We seem to have plateaued at a measly sixteen songs. Is there no one else with some recording gear? I'll bet Neil Young could throw together as many songs in an hour!

I honestly have no recording gear or money to supplement said gear. I don't have a webcam or computer mic either.

Don't worry though. All in good time.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I would put up a cover of something but alas...the only Mic i've got is my crappy logitech mic which I mentioned last time, and that doesn't pick up acoustic guitars at aaaaaaaaaaaallll....Maybe I could try running my new guitar thru my amp and that would work better.....I dunno. I need a mic.

EDIT: I've uploaded a cover of the acoustic guitar solo in Pink Floyd's "Is There Anybody Out There?", It's on my profile http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/clayonfire/ for those who care to look. Add to list please? Yeah there are some messups here and there, and I had to run my guitar through my electric guitar amp, and used said mic above. Nonetheless it's there.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Last edited by clayonfire at Aug 16, 2009,
Quote by clayonfire
...and I had to run my guitar through my electric guitar amp, and used said mic above...

I actually like how the recording sounds. It suits the song perfectly.
It looks like with an evening of hacking I may be able to get my firewire solo to work with ubuntu. If that is the case, I have a backlog of songs...hahaha

Gear:
Feel free to "add" my cover of Andy McKee's song "7-14"

It's in the top of my profile page.
well, i prefer to Play 12-string TEXAN ACOUSTIC TAPPING SHRED METAL, but i guess that'll fit in here, right?
Here's a couple of my originals:

Flying without a net
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQkhlEFyobY

This means war:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiJPgEEY3mY

Frankenjura:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cok0Ml1jbd0
Last edited by twelvestringtex at Sep 4, 2009,
Holy tapping Tex!! That's pretty solid. All the recent submissions are on the main list now. Sorry for slacking!

Now share some more songs!
Quote by Silverstein14
Woah i forgot about this thread. My original is still in my profile, give it a listen folks! Also, I should be getting a Craig D'Andrea cover up in a few days if I get around to finishing it.

thats pretty damn awesome, fella...im really jealous of your skills, because thats the type of music i'd really love to be making...

so far, i've learned drifting by andy mckee and catching the light by antoine dufour, what would you say is a good progression from there to writing stuff like that?
You're on a good path! I learned about 10 Antoine Dufour songs before I wrote that. I could never really tap into my creative side until I just sat down with something in mind to write about, and it just kinda flowed. It's still not the greatest, but it's really fun to play, and apparently gets the feelings across. My best advice would be to surround yourself in influences (Listen to more candyrat artists; ie Craig D'Andrea, Don Ross, etc). You learn so many cool things just by listening and then you will think to yourself "Oh wow that sounds cool, I want to incorporate something like that in my song", and build off it. Best of luck!
Sorry for double post, but I put my "partial" cover of "In with the Purple and out with the Blue" by Craig D'Andrea on my profile. It's unfinished, only because I haven't tried learning the final part yet. The end is a little low on the volume side because its very difficult to get those taps to ring out.
I get out of work school early tomorrow, so I have a couple of hours before I go to school school at night instead of rushing to cover the 60 miles between the two...hahaha.

If m-audio has drivers that work with Windows 7 (because HP does not for my 2 month old printer), and i can get audacity installed on this beast, I may finally get something up. Finally. I keep promising.

EDIT: No drivers yet. : (

Gear:
Last edited by roamingbard13 at Oct 27, 2009,
This is my first post on UG forum so, let's make it big ! Well, I made some covers of songs I like, some are in French, because it's my primary language, but most of them are in english.

My UG profile

Some songs are :
Wish you were Here (Pink Floyd)
'till kingdome come (Coldplay's version)
Colorful (The Verve Pipe)
Working Class Hero (John Lennon)

Give me some feedback if you liked (or disliked) what you eared !
Starlight High Tide

Simple solo acoustic instrumental.

This is me after not playing or practicing for a year and a half so go easy

I really wanted a piece to sound like stars, lights, planets, galaxies, etc... The harmonics are the stars and speckles of light in the distance, and the underlying bass is just the pervasiveness of space and the universe

It's pretty rough, as I expected it to be... I don't have nails anymore so that's another thing I'm trying to get used to/battle against.

Anywho, here's a link for the thread in the R&R forum

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1235727
My God, it's full of stars!
Nice...commented and rated. Great piece.

Gear:
With your comment Jon, I know exactly what you mean... I hear the weakness of that section as well, coming into it from the previous arpeggio part. I'm only home for a couple of weeks and I'm near the end of my stay, so I'll definitely make touching up this piece (along with ALL OF THE OTHERS lol) a goal once I am out of the Army

And thanks a lot guys
My God, it's full of stars!
What are you using to record your stuff, penguin?

And do you use click tracks to help when it comes time to dub?

Gear:
I was busy yesterday afternoon...

Big Me, a Foo Fighters cover

Hearing, an original

and a second try at Sloop John B., by the Beah Boys. I think the last two choruses are the only parts that came together well. Apparently Relient K did a very similar version. Who knew?

I can't say I'm too disappointed considering they were all 1-take recordings, minus the overlaying parts.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Dec 18, 2009,