Page 3 of 4
Okay, I finally have something.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/roamingbard13/

Quick minute-long MP3, the first verse and chorus of Matt Nathanson's "Gone". I just converted the quick sample I did to play with settings into an MP3. I'll post some other stuff when I get some more time (have other things to do this afternoon!).

Line Input:

MXL 990 (XLR) > M-Audio Firewire Solo (for phantom power) > (out of monitoring output) 1/4 " to 1/8" converter to stock laptop sound card and into Audacity.

At some point I'll get a 6 pin to 4 pin firewire cable, I couldn't find mine today.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/rizo299/music/

I'll submit The View From Fourteen to the thread.

Wrote and recorded it about a year ago features me singing and playing rhythm and my friend Luke playing lead.

Hope you guys like it.
Just uploaded a cover of me playing "Bedroom Acoustics" by Muse. Recorded on an Alvarez MD90C, mic'd by a MXL 990 and a MXL 991 (together) through an ART USB Dual Pre, recorded with Garageband.

Link to Profile where song is: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/clayonfire/
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
I am an electric acoustic guitarist.
Would my Experimental music be allowed on here?
I run the acoustic through effects and an amplifier.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I am an electric acoustic guitarist.
Would my Experimental music be allowed on here?
Of course.
So much in this thread is so awesome.

I would like to submit my completely improvised (guitar and lyrics) 'snowdusting' off of my new sort of makeshift album for the scrutiny of the midnight society of acoustic guitarists. I believe its track four on this playlist. (I can upload it somewhere else if need be):

http://boyandgabriel.bandcamp.com/
New song recorded. It's a short one, written about my Papa who was a sailor whom i didn't get to meet too well before he passed away (why it's a short song). Didn't have long to record but this is the final product. Keep in mind the microphone doesn't do the phoenix even close to justice. Song can be found on my profile too. Rate/comment(/subscribe on youtube!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz5_v4HuJdA
Quote by Silverstein14
New song recorded. It's a short one, written about my Papa who was a sailor whom i didn't get to meet too well before he passed away (why it's a short song). Didn't have long to record but this is the final product. Keep in mind the microphone doesn't do the phoenix even close to justice. Song can be found on my profile too. Rate/comment(/subscribe on youtube!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz5_v4HuJdA

Your playing is fantastic - the Pheonix only makes that shine even more. Great job sir.
Hope you don't mind the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AmvHs5XuAE

This was me and my friend just jamming - if you didn't get it, we were messing around about a friend we have, I like to think of it as an untapped gold mine .

I'm on the guitar, and he's on the bongos, sorry the song is out of sync but we used a photography camera to capture this (not the best sound recorder), and also sorry about the quality.

Anyway it's all original with the acoustic riff a slight adaptation from Bad to the Bone. Cheers Guys.

HELLO!

Gee & here have I been siting thinking I cant post here as I dont have a Norwegian guitar (or Swedish)
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
new recording... http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/roamingbard13/music/

covered You Belong to Me by Jason Wade.

One take, and please ignore the part in the middle where I almost drop my pick, haha.

Vocals > MXL 990 condenser > ART Tube MP Studio Preamp > M-Audio Firewire Solo > Reaper

Guitar > MXL 993 Condenser > M-Audio Firewire Solo > Reaper

Gear:
How do you recorcd? Can it be as simple as a good mic into the laptop?
Hydroxic acid, kills thousands of people every year. Studies have shown lakes and rivers all over North America contain high levels hydroxic acid. Currently governments have taken no action against this life threatening chemical.
^ Yes, sort of.

You can buy a USB microphone that can plug right into your laptop, but a better solution is usually to buy a decent mic (condensers work well for acoustics) and run it through an interface into your computer. A hell of a lot more control. If you're looking to get into, shoot me a PM, I can tell you what to look for specifically.

Gear:
I'll hit you up when you get back. Might be a good change from the standard sound recorder and mic on the lappy...might be.
Hydroxic acid, kills thousands of people every year. Studies have shown lakes and rivers all over North America contain high levels hydroxic acid. Currently governments have taken no action against this life threatening chemical.
That's the setup I just switched to, and i'm getting much better results. Before I wa using am SM57 lined in the computer or my boss MicroBR

I now use Sterling ST55 -> m-audio mobilepre USB -> Adobe Audition

Jon, how do you like the MXL 993? Any specific reason why you use the 990 for vocals?
My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at Apr 15, 2010,
I haven't used the 993 nearly as much as the 990 -- I just bought the preamp so I could run both mics at the same time through my interface. I have been quite happy with my results so far though. If you want, I can post something totally raw from the 993 -- the recording I posted yesterday has some EQing and some reverb added.

As for your second question, the 990 is a little more versatile, and the 993 was not designed for use with vocals. I bought these as a set about four years ago based on the sterling reviews people gave them here and other places.

I honestly don't think I'll ever have the need to buy anything nicer since I just record things for my own enjoyment.

Gear:
^ Dready, the recording is awesome!

Much, much better than your other set-up. Thinking about remastering all of your songs? (new guitar, new recording equipment...thought I'd ask, lol)

Where do you keep the mic when recording your guitar?

Gear:
Quote by Dreadnought
New song, called "Hyperion" (a dream)

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Dreadnought/

Many thanks for whoever listens and comments

Love it.
Yeah, I'm thinking of remastering most (can't remember how to play all of Autumn Eyes + I'll Be Here)

You really notice an improvement? I added a second mic, a small diaphragm to pick up some more highs. I place it angled towards the bridge about 4 inches away from it, and the large diaphragm mic hanging near the neck.

The mic's are Sterling ST55 and AKG Perception 170. I've been using the quality of Pierre Bensusan's Intuite album as a benchmark for comparison, and it's rough!

Other than the recording, what do you think of the song? haha
My God, it's full of stars!
Yo, check out "My Sensible Heart" cover by City and Colour made by me and my friend! A little rough, but its been I think there's a huge improvement on my recording quality. This was our second take. Opinions would be nice, thanks!

Linky
Gear
Fender Hotrod Deville 2x12
Fender MIM Strat | Epi Dot 335
Fulltone '69 mkii | Boss OD-1
'95 RAT2 | '78 IC Big Muff | DL4
Last edited by ZeroChan at Apr 28, 2010,
[quote=" GC Shred Off

"]No copyrighted material, of course.

-Covers and originals are both allowed, but covers must be clearly attributed to the original artist.

B]

Um isn't that kinda a double statement, I could be wrong but I thought all covers were copyrighted from the original artist, am I Right?
Last edited by Musicrules,man at May 16, 2010,
Quote by Musicrules,man
Um isn't that kinda a double statement, I could be wrong but I thought all covers were copyrighted from the original artist, am I Right?

To be liable for copyright infringement, the copyright holder must be a victim in some way. UG doesn't sell, advertise, or do anything else with the music, and will ban users for falsely claiming unoriginal work as their own. There is no legal issue because the original song-writer isn't hurt by the posting of covers.

Edit:Here is a good summary.

I've been slacking with updating this thread. I'll pick it up soon.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at May 17, 2010,
Almost everything on my profile is acoustic-based, but if you want a true acoustic sound, with just acoustic guitars, voice, and maybe a LITTLE extra, Check out the covers of:
Sour Girl by Stone Temple Pilots,
Burden in my Hand by Soundgarden,
and the song Disease, which is an original.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24835413&highlight=Baseball#post24835413
Quote by brandonian
Don't know if this thread is still alive...

It is! It is! I swear I'll revise it soon.
REALLY nice song. Just learnt it too. Took me a few months to get to this point.

Bozzio-Levin-Stevens - Spiral
Quote by Afroboy267
[something about NiL having an std]

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Funny you should say that, when I contracted gonorrhea, I peed almost a mist when I woke up that morning. That's actually how I noticed something was wrong.
I haz recordeeng on mah profile. You shood czech it owt.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Phew! After so many months of procrastinating, all is back on track with the song list in the first post.

And looking back, I have to say that, collectively, we've recorded some seriously good shit. Keep the new projects coming!