i have an ibanez tube screamer that my uncle gave me when i first started playing, and i couldnt afford a proper amp so i used someones old keyboard amp, it worked alright!
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
the pedal will work on both SS and tube, however most SS amps are not super responsive to pedals, meaning its not going to blow you away tone wise

pedals traditionally are more effective on tube amps vs Solid state (thats why so many solid state amps have built in effects and modellers)

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
it depends on the amp. It's a boost, so if your tone isn't close to what you ultimately are looking for, it might not do anything for you.
It will probably fall short of your expectations. Look into distortion pedals.
Well a tube screamer is an overdrive meaning it emulates the sound of a naturally distorting tube amplifier. If you're not into distortion why are you looking at that?
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
use the search bar
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I know from experience that pedals do make solid states sound better than with presets, but it still doesn't make them great amps.

I used to use a BOSS OS-2 when I had my MG. It sounded better than the MG's "CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!" but the amp still sounded bad.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by nightraven
depends what amp. a decent solid state amp would respond nicely to a good OD pedal. it'd warm it up considerably depending on the quality of the pedal. so it really depends how good of an SS amp it is.

This.

Also: Keyboard amps don't really sound good with guitar.
Quote by stykerwolf
I don't like distortion pedals, and my music style is far from distorted riffs and solos.

A decent distortion pedal can be set as a boost if you get the gain right. You have to shop for the tone.
I just got an Ibanez Tube Screamer Mini today, threw it on my Blackstar combo with TVP and it's the exact overdrive I was after. I have an MXR Carbon Copy analog delay coming on Monday, I'll be glad to give up the digital delay built into the combo. But yes, solid state works perfectly fine with pedals. Set the amp to a warm clean and get all of your effects through pedals.
Quote by Wolfsbora
I just got an Ibanez Tube Screamer Mini today, threw it on my Blackstar combo with TVP and it's the exact overdrive I was after. I have an MXR Carbon Copy analog delay coming on Monday, I'll be glad to give up the digital delay built into the combo. But yes, solid state works perfectly fine with pedals. Set the amp to a warm clean and get all of your effects through pedals.

After 8 years I have a feeling that this has been resolved.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
The only thing I liked about the TS-808 I had was that I was able to sell it in about 30 minutes.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD