promiseskept
46 IQ
Okay so the punk rock festival West Coast Riot started up in Sweden 2008. Bands like Bad Religion, NoFX, Flogging Molly, Tiger Army, Lagwagon and No Fun At All entered the stage. The festival was very successful, at least in my opinion and what I've heard from friends and other people. This year West Coast Riot strikes again with bands like Social Distortion, Suicidal Tendencies, No Use For A Name, Gaslight Anthem, Pennywise, Gogol Bordello, Aggrolites, Bouncing Souls etc...

What do you guys think of this event? When it comes to the lineup I personally think it was better last year, with bands who more or less could reach out to a bigger audience with different personalities.

Is there anyone going to West Coast Riot 2009? Sure I won't back down for Social Distortion and The Gaslight Anthem. The Living End is gonna be cool as well.

Speak up!
lavazza
K**e sold out
7,304 IQ
Sounds like Groezrock in Belgium.........I´ve been there two times, the last time two years ago and I don´t like it anymore. Small festivals with good bands can be awesome, but the line-up is centered on skater kids and people who want to sit at a campsite drinking beer and listen to some fatwreck music
Sakarias
21st Century digital boy
10 IQ
Some cool bands worth paying for, but all in all the line-up is very weak.
It needs more bands with the same reputation and status as Social Distortion.

They set the bar really high last year, they're gonna have to try harder to live up to it.
promiseskept
46 IQ
Some cool bands worth paying for, but all in all the line-up is very weak.
It needs more bands with the same reputation and status as Social Distortion.

Agreed. I think alot of people would change their minds about this years WCR-lineup if Rancid and Alkaline Trio never cancelled.
BostonLacrosse
HEY SUBURBIA!!
333 IQ
hell id go for gogol bordello, bouncing souls, and the aggrolites
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
promiseskept
46 IQ
Quote by BostonLacrosse
hell id go for gogol bordello, bouncing souls, and the aggrolites

Yeah those kickass as well. Especially Gogol Bordello.
Kettelhoit
The La-Z-Boy 500
26 IQ
Well, as promiseskept says. The festival would wake up a lot more people if Rancid and Alkaline Trio never had been canceled. But I wouldn't say that the line-up is weak at any point, i'ts just not strong enough to draw attention.

Anyway, we can always hope for a greater line-up at WCR-2010.
To bad i'm probably gonna miss WCR this year. I really wanted to se Social Distortion, Gaslight Anthem, Gogol Bordello, Aggrolites, Living End, Raised Fist and the rest more or less.
Last edited by Kettelhoit at Jun 21, 2009,
mike2
967 IQ
Quote by RockThe40oz
Talk about playing it safe and only getting the most widely accepted punk bands they could find.

tell me about it...that lineup is lame as ****...you would have to pay me to go...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
sargasm
1977 and we are going mad
1,817 IQ
Pretty boring lineup. A couple bands I enjoy, but those bands tour a lot and are super easy to see. I see way better lineups in way smaller festivals all over the place.
promiseskept
46 IQ
Quote by sargasm
Pretty boring lineup. A couple bands I enjoy, but those bands tour a lot and are super easy to see. I see way better lineups in way smaller festivals all over the place.

Well, it's not often a band like Social Distortion are coming all the way to Sweden. So, for us up here it's very big. I wish I was living in the states, so I could see many of my favorite bands play more often. But I agree with you, the line-up could've been better...
Last edited by promiseskept at Jun 21, 2009,
Strato-Massacre
Gudda gudda
671 IQ
wish this **** was on the east coast
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
promiseskept
46 IQ
Quote by Strato-Massacre
wish this **** was on the east coast

Well it's on the west coast...
Of Sweden.