who's doing it? zugunruhe's doing it!

finally, at almost 20 years of age, i have managed to get myself my own one bedroom apartment, with no parents or roommates. good times. this is only my second week, so i havent run into any disadvantages yet. tis all smooth sailing. im pretty excited.

anyway,
who else is doing it?
who loves it?
who hates it?
who wants to do it?
who wouldnt do it under any circumstances?
I have no opinion on this matter.
I want to.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I dont like Living Alone, I do like Living Together though.

mini e-cookie for what band sings that song.
love is love // return to dust
I wanna get my own place, but then I'd have no ****ing money.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I lived alone in a studio apartment in Boston for about 4 months. The freedom was nice, but at the same time it was really lonely (and expensive) so I moved back to my hometown in NH and got my own place. It's pretty sweet!
Quote by aetherspear
Two words: Man the **** up.
Quote by InvaderTSN
So do you walk around naked now? I imagine that's what every guy would do when he lives alone.

i most definitely do. i walk through the living room stark naked with my dick in one hand and a sandwich in the other.

seriously.
I'm getting a place with my friend, close enough. Moving in to the place in about a month or so. Looking at the floor plans today and preparing furniture and whatnot. Also trying to find the least obtrusive place for a drum kit.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Lived with my GF in her apartment for about a year. It was very nice, except for the GF.
Quote by Zugunruhe
i most definitely do. i walk through the living room stark naked with my dick in one hand and a sandwich in the other.

seriously.

Did not need that image

seriously.
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to.
-Jimi Hendrix

My Name's Jackson.
Ibanez SA260FM
Action Court Bass
Abilene Acoustic
2 Unknown Acoustics
Roland Cube 20x Combo Amp

Peace?
i'm getting a single in my dorm this fall. does that count?
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
It gets boring really, really, really fast.

And you end up sleeping with lots of skanky women
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Last edited by CrunchyRoll at Jun 24, 2009,
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I get boring really, really, really fast.

And you end up sleeping with lots of skanky women

?
Nope, not until I can either buy a house or inherit one because I'm not wasting money on something that will never be mine (an apartment). Though, being able to support ones self is impressive so my hats off to you and others in your position.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
Quote by Sid McCall
I'm getting a place with my friend, close enough. Moving in to the place in about a month or so. Looking at the floor plans today and preparing furniture and whatnot. Also trying to find the least obtrusive place for a drum kit.

yea, i liked at least one of my room mates last year, but after a while i got sick of living with anyone, even if i like them. i think living alone only appeals to a certain type of person.
Quote by Zugunruhe
who's doing it? zugunruhe's doing it!

finally, at almost 20 years of age, i have managed to get myself my own one bedroom apartment, with no parents or roommates. good times. this is only my second week, so i havent run into any disadvantages yet. tis all smooth sailing. im pretty excited.

anyway,
who else is doing it?
who loves it?
who hates it?
who wants to do it?
who wouldnt do it under any circumstances?

I love it. I sleep with 2 (14 round) clips for a 9mm pistol, AR-15 with 2 (30 round) loaded clips, a WW2 bayonet, and a real katana that my grandfather took off a solider during WW2 all within reach of my bed. I actually am hoping someone tries to break in one day.
Quote by AlterEdge
Nope, not until I can either buy a house or inherit one because I'm not wasting money on something that will never be mine (an apartment). Though, being able to support ones self is impressive so my hats off to you and others in your position.

whats wrong with paying rent? you need a place to live. living with parents is not where its at.
Quote by Zugunruhe
whats wrong with paying rent? you need a place to live. living with parents is not where its at.

It is for gimps and young folk, let him be. Lol.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by Zugunruhe

Because it is like burning money in a trash can. If you are paying for a house you can resell it some day so your money is being invested in something that will gain value. When you are paying rent you are never going to see that money again.

I personally am renting at the moment but looking for a house to buy. If I had a choice I would put up with my parents annoying me (and getting free food) until I had money to buy a house. But where I got a job was to far away so I had no choice but rent until I saved money for a down payment.
Quote by Zugunruhe

Exactly.

Tell something; what's it it like? It must be freeing...Living alone, that is.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Last edited by Primus2112 at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by ChickenIsGood
I love it. I sleep with 2 (14 round) clips for a 9mm pistol

reasonable
Quote by ChickenIsGood
AR-15 with 2 (30 round) loaded clips

umm... ok....
Quote by ChickenIsGood
a WW2 bayonet,

do you have a matching rifle (i.e. an M1 Garand, Kar98k, Lee-Enfield)

Quote by ChickenIsGood
and a real katana that my grandfather took off a solider during WW2 all within reach of my bed.

pics?

Quote by ChickenIsGood
I actually am hoping someone tries to break in one day.

sounds like a fun day
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I really dont want to live alone. I get lonely very easily.
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
Me and my girlfriend moved into our first flat last Friday. Does that count?
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Primus2112
Exactly.

Tell something; what's it it like? It must be freeing...Living alone, that is.

its really nice. im the type of person that doesnt like the feeling of being watched, so its really relaxing to not have to worry about doing something that other people would think is weird. also i dont have to worry about not being clean enough for my roommates, or taking showers late at night, or listening to loud music. its really freeing and relaxing. and i get to decorate the place however i want, which is also nice.

then again, the first night i was really restless and nervous, but that has pretty much passed by now. so far i have yet to see a downside, but im sure it will get boring at some point.
Quote by Zugunruhe
its really nice. im the type of person that doesnt like the feeling of being watched, so its really relaxing to not have to worry about doing something that other people would think is weird. also i dont have to worry about not being clean enough for my roommates, or taking showers late at night, or listening to loud music. its really freeing and relaxing. and i get to decorate the place however i want, which is also nice.

then again, the first night i was really restless and nervous, but that has pretty much passed by now. so far i have yet to see a downside, but im sure it will get boring at some point.

Wait till you watch a scary movie. I had to tke 4 benadryl to fall asleep for a long time after watching grudge 1, 2, and 3 back to back. Along with other asian horror movies one day.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
I've been on my own (somewhat, living with GF) since 17 and I really regret not staying longer. On the other hand it has it's major benefits that make me not regret anything.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
I'm living on my own in Dublin. Only downside is the money paid. €560 a month is quite a lot, but I'm saving to be able to get a mortgage one day for a decent flat of my own. I used to share house, but flatmates can be annoying, think I'm better off alone. Besides I'm used to loneliness, I'm a geek

And I don't walk around naked, I'm comfortable enough fully clothed
Prolly wouldnt do it all alone. I have every anxiety disorder on the planet..I collect the little bastards. Think itd be difficult all alone because of that. If I were to move out, which Id love to do, Id definitely live with one other person. Preferably a significant other.

That way Id be away from parents AND I can walk around naked.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by mike88
I'm living on my own in Dublin. Only downside is the money paid. €560 a month is quite a lot, but I'm saving to be able to get a mortgage one day for a decent flat of my own. I used to share house, but flatmates can be annoying, think I'm better off alone. Besides I'm used to loneliness, I'm a geek

And I don't walk around naked, I'm comfortable enough fully clothed

yea, if ive got my conversion right, im paying about that much. i think its worth it. besides, im in an excellent location.

for me, i feel like i get more nervous in social situations than when im alone. its relaxing for me.
Quote by CM_X5
I've been on my own (somewhat, living with GF) since 17 and I really regret not staying longer. On the other hand it has it's major benefits that make me not regret anything.

I must be the opposite then. Admittedly I've only been gone a week but I really can't see this getting old. Other than the freedom to do pretty much as I please, its great to wake up next to my girlfriend every morning with no pressure to get up anytime soon and to not have my little sister bugging me to use my laptop or my mum or step-dad nagging me to do something. I mean, I miss them but in a way, its great to not have them around all the time.

Plus I haven't had to have a wank in over a week if you know what I mean...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
i want to but cant afford to right now.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.