I plan on getting the Line 6 POD Studio GX with POD Farm, I also plan on recording with Audacity. Now, I was told to hit record and I'll be fine, but won't I just be recording whatever comes out of my speakers?
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by guitarsftw
clarify a bit please

Well, someone told me that if I hook my guitar to the input it has, then to my computer, and open Audacity and hit record, it would record. I was watching some demo's on youtube and the POD farm allows you to choose amps and whatnot, but your basically playing them through the speakers of your computer. I was wondering, since my laptop has microphones, if I hit record on Audacity, won't it just record whatever comes out of my speakers in my laptop? Or is there a setting Audacity needs to be on so that it somehow records only what is coming from the POD Farm software.

Im really asking is that if I do that the way I was told, it wont be **** quality because I'm just recording threw my mic on my laptop, aren't I?
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by fender4482
Well, someone told me that if I hook my guitar to the input it has, then to my computer, and open Audacity and hit record, it would record. I was watching some demo's on youtube and the POD farm allows you to choose amps and whatnot, but your basically playing them through the speakers of your computer. I was wondering, since my laptop has microphones, if I hit record on Audacity, won't it just record whatever comes out of my speakers in my laptop? Or is there a setting Audacity needs to be on so that it somehow records only what is coming from the POD Farm software.

Im really asking is that if I do that the way I was told, it wont be **** quality because I'm just recording threw my mic on my laptop, aren't I?

if you edit the preferences the mic on the computer will be disabled, and the input will come from pod farm.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
if you edit the preferences the mic on the computer will be disabled, and the input will come from pod farm.

Thanks.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone