35 38%
rock
29 31%
rap
5 5%
BLUE GRASS
4 4%
Voters: 93.
There's nothin' in this world better than some Bocephus, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, David Alan Coe, George Strait, Alan Jackson, Johnny Cash, Brad Paisley, Tobey Keith, Merle Haggard and Randy Travis.........just to name a few of my favs.

I also like classic rock as well but country music is my all time favorite music though.
Quote by Jocephus38
There's nothin' in this world better than some Bocephus, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, David Alan Coe, George Strait, Alan Jackson, Johnny Cash, Brad Paisley, Tobey Keith, Merle Haggard and Randy Travis.........just to name a few of my favs.

I also like classic rock as well but country music is my all time favorite music though.

Tobey Keith just wishes he could be Rockin' Randall. **** sucker. Paisley is a waste of talent. Jackson sucks. Straight's way too Nashville. When Randy Travis ain't singing that Jesus **** he's good. Jr. is a sellout Kid Rock **** sucking panzy these days. As for Merle, Waylon, Willie, and Coe ain't too much better.
Quote by fattypumbaa
Tobey Keith just wishes he could be Rockin' Randall. **** sucker. Paisley is a waste of talent. Jackson sucks. Straight's way too Nashville. When Randy Travis ain't singing that Jesus **** he's good. Jr. is a sellout Kid Rock **** sucking panzy these days. As for Merle, Waylon, Willie, and Coe ain't too much better.

Well well...say what you mean!

I guess in your opinion, an artist has to be 60+ years old to be "country"? I would agree Tobey is a commercial sellout. Alan Jackson is as country as cornbread. Randy Travis has one of the most distinctive voices in music.
And you obviously judge Paisley on his singles. Sure, they can be cheesy / funny, but all his albums include cuts that are Bluegrass, traditional country gospel, etc. Just because he has figured out how to have 10 #1 singles in a row, make the cover of Guitar Payer magazine twice in a year and get invited to play The White House with Alison Krauss and Charlie Pride for their Country Music night is no reason to say his talent is "wasted". There are millions of fans, like me, who very much enjoy his huge talents.

Now Rascal Flatts is about as country as caviar.

-BT
I just don't like that **** Nashville tries to pedal as country music. Country ain't ever come from Nashville. As for Paisley being invited to play at the White House and playing with Allison Kraus who is the most over rated person I can think of doesn't mean he's good. Just means he's popular. He would be much better if he weren't so commercial and poppy.

All country all under 60.

http://www.myspace.com/waynehancock
http://www.myspace.com/jbbeverleyampthewaywarddrifters
http://www.myspace.com/dalewatson
http://www.myspace.com/luckytubb
http://www.myspace.com/whiteymorgan
Firstly, why do you say Alison Kruass is over rated? By whom?
I listened to all the above mentioned artists and I can see where they are coming from. Keeping traditional Country and Western music alive. Even down to, in a couple instances, the recording quality / techniques.
But music evolves. I grew up listening to Buck Owens, Tex Ritter, Hank Sr. < My Mom's fav >, the Carter Family, etc. To say Hank Sr. is God and Brad Paisley sucks is like saying Buddy Holly is God and Led Zepplin sucks. One can hear, especially as a guitar player, the influences that "modern" country draws from the "country and western" of the past, but I for one enjoy the new twists people like Paisley put on it.
They will take a traditional progression and instead of straight strumming, they will vamp it up a little...make it interesting. Instead of a straight major pentatonic in a solo with a bunch of cool double stops, they will mix in a bit of minor pentatonic with some crazy chromatic runs.
I love both genres and you should be more open to the newer stuff. The good newer stuff. I agree there is lots of crap out there, but you are missing out on a lot of fantastic music!

-BT
most country sucks. but keith urban and brad paisley are the most diverse/talented guitarists in music right now. imo.
Just out of pure interest, why is this thread still going? I remember reading this with no replies quite a while ago

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by fattypumbaa
Paisley is a waste of talent.

how? he is doing what he loves. and if people are too dumb not to find his music, that's their loss.
Quote by Leroy_Jenkins
Who Dont Like Country???

Me
Quote by Leroy_Jenkins
It Awsome

I respectfully disagree
Quote by --{matt}--
metal pwns son
Protest the Hero FTW!!

You must be joking...
Quote by fattypumbaa
Because when one can pick as good as he can and he keeps turnin **** like this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEPe4fZNf74 I'd say that's a waste of talent.

So I guess to be real country, the song has to be about honky - tonks, trains, prison etc?
I happen to love BP's humorous tunes. And of course the playing is stellar. Take away the vocal and you have acoustic, electric, pedal steel, fiddle....all the ingredients. As you know, his instrumental album was off the hook good.
His solos on even on his humorous tunes are usually pretty impossible for most to pull off. Non musicians don't notice but you KNOW BP puts them on to make people like us's jaws drop.

-BT
No but that **** is cheesy and real country ain't cheesy. A song can be about whatever as long as it's not cheesy. I mean Nashville has driven mainstream country so far into the ground it's ridiculous. You wouldn't hear a blues song about American Idol or a rock song or even a rap song. Something doesn't have to be traditional country to be good. Outlaw wasn't traditional and band like .357 String Band isn't traditional Bakersfeild wasn't traditional. It just can't be cheesy **** written by Nashville suits.
Quote by fattypumbaa
Because when one can pick as good as he can and he keeps turnin **** like this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEPe4fZNf74 I'd say that's a waste of talent.

well, he's not going to change what he loves to do. He makes a lot of people happy with his music. sure, it would be nice if he would show off his skills more often, but i can live with listening to his instrumental cd `play`a lot.
George Jones is Country. And Ray Price is great as well. Nobody can sing a song better than them.
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Standard Telecaster Ash MIM
Fender Vibro Champ XD
I'm really liking Brad Paisleys new song Welcome to the Future. Great lyrics

I had a friend in school, running back on the football team
They burned a cross in his front yard for asking out the homecoming queen
I thought about him today and everybody who's seen what he's seen
From a woman on a bus to a man with a dream
Wake up Martin Luther, welcome to the future
I HATE country
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by Leroy_Jenkins
Who Dont Like Country??? It Awsome

Your grammar does nothing to help the hillbilly country music image,
and I suggest
Maylene and the Sons of Disaster
I have to agree with those that think that most of today's "country" sucks ass... as it is pop bull **** writen by Nashville suites.... But Paisley (sp?) can pick a tune, and there's two new bands I saw on the CMA Festival 2009 that sounded f'n awsome. One sung about "Ya should have seen it in color", and the other put in some shred on a nylon string'er... woh! Nice stuff there Country... FINALLY! Though I must say that it wasn't only his shreding that impressed me.

I may like rock, metal, and blues more... but man, good country can be awsome!

BTW, I don't know if you noticed or not, but this site is designed more around those who play rock/metal stuff, though it certainly is for any genre... you just won't find many country lovers around here... at least not as many as you might find elsewhere... come to think about it... is there a site like this anywhere but designed around the country scene? lol I bet not.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at Aug 31, 2009,
Quote by --{matt}--
metal pwns son
Protest the Hero FTW!!

What About.... Country Metal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK-9wFeCPf8

Also... mainstream country sucks dick...
Hank Williams III, Hayes Carll, The Unknown Hinson, Justin Townes Earle, Thoe Poor Bastards, joe Buck Youtself and Lucky Tubb all kick ass
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Last edited by Rock1986 at Sep 3, 2009,
Well i agree that alot of idiots have found their way into country these days i think alot of the guys being dissed in this thread are strange choices to bash. If you really want to look at the bands defacing the current country music scene and ripping it from it's roots look no further than the carter twins, love and theft, rascall flatts, sugarland, lady antebellum, taylor swift (teardrops on my guitar was ok but pretty much anything else she's done is straight up pop and pop rock), kelly pickler and the countless other people marketing poppy rock tracks as country. Gone are the steel guitars and fiddles in these songs. Gone is that lonesome twang and deep southern drawl. Some of these people i listed are very talented individuals but they are in the wrong market. Pop music suits them well. The carter twins outright suck. Brad Paisley's celebrity is a humorous outlook on the ridiculousness of hollywood culture and celebrity refusal of responsibility for their own actions and attitudes. George Strait is not a nashville suit. He has fought nashville on several occasions. Murder on music row in a collective effort with alan jackson calls nashville out on it's abandoning of country's traditional roots. Alan Jackson, angered by CMT's choice to cut an appearance of the great George Jones on the CMA's one year performed George's song unscheduled and without telling producers sticking it to the man and reminding Nashville that the artist's work for the people not for the Music executives. All I ask is that people give credit where it is due. These days anyone who keeps any type of traditionalism in their "country" music is doing fans a favor because it is easy enough to get by in Nashville as a pop outfit now.
I didn't think we would ever make enough money to pay rent by playing music.
-Gregg Allman

*Insert sarcastic, ego-boosting quote here*
Last edited by Surfside at Sep 5, 2009,
Quote by Crazed Shredder
I HATE country

I HATE metal

Nah really though i can dig metal even though i like country better. And uh James Hetfield is a big fan of country music bud. He's covered a few Waylon songs and cites the outlaw country scene as his biggest influence. So the Metallica icon is kind of a funny choice for a country basher.
-Gregg Allman

Quote by Outside Octaves
I have to agree with those that think that most of today's "country" sucks ass... as it is pop bull **** writen by Nashville suites.... But Paisley (sp?) can pick a tune, and there's two new bands I saw on the CMA Festival 2009 that sounded f'n awsome. One sung about "Ya should have seen it in color", and the other put in some shred on a nylon string'er... woh! Nice stuff there Country... FINALLY! Though I must say that it wasn't only his shreding that impressed me.

I may like rock, metal, and blues more... but man, good country can be awsome!

BTW, I don't know if you noticed or not, but this site is designed more around those who play rock/metal stuff, though it certainly is for any genre... you just won't find many country lovers around here... at least not as many as you might find elsewhere... come to think about it... is there a site like this anywhere but designed around the country scene? lol I bet not.

Yeah there is. It is www.countrytabs.com
There is also http://www.allcountrytabs.com/ and
http://www.tabcountry.com/ plus aabout four or five more popular sites for country tabs and discussion.

BTW The shoulda seen it in color guy is Jamey Johnson who i saw in concert for free recently here in Knoxville (He's even better in person) and the nylon string was zac brown maybe?
-Gregg Allman

Quote by birdman267
Your grammar does nothing to help the hillbilly country music image,
and I suggest
Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

There ain't nothin country about Maylene. They can shred a guitar like noone's business but donning a rebel flag don't make you country music. I've seen em live so don't tell me i don't know em.
-Gregg Allman