Page 1 of 2
if u dont expect to use the whammy bar then buy one with a hardtail so u dont have to worry about the tremolo unit...
Yea, you don't want to get that, or else you can join me and my friend in the ****ty dean club. Is $300 for just a guitar, or an amp and guitar?
agile, good sire, you'll get something much better for the price, especially after you have it set up
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Just guitar I might get a line 6 spider III amp I think that's what its called im not sure and I can do without a wammy but my guitar I have now has a fixed bridge
yea ibanez's are pretty sweet for the price and versatile
a good idea is to find a musician that suits your styles already and try to find what he has or something similar with a 300 dollar budget in place
also discover the world of spin off companies... Epiphone SG (Gibson spin off)
ibanez and jackson are 2 good brands for you to look at definatley not a dean unless you're buying some type of dime and don't be a kid that buys a ****ty B.C. rich cuz it looks "brutal"
I would try looking at schecter. They usually sell good guitars and basses for a cheap price though they will only have about 3 guitars at this price. You could also look at some used ones. The best thing to do would be to go to your local music store and try the ones in your budget and chose which ever one is the best for you. Would not get that dean tho.
Thanks but 1 problem I might not be able to convince my mom to buy a guitar online. she's old skool she knoes how it works but she's over protective she thinks sum1 will rip her off so she rather let me go to sam ash or gc n I was considering the rg2ex1 b4 I wrote the thred but I don't kno the advantages to jumbo frets
Tell her Guitar Center controls Musicians friend, and that you don't feel like paying tax (im cheap like that at least X)
The good thing is I live in nyc (bronx) so there's like 4 gc's and theirs 1 local music store which I bought my first guitar....worst ever in history its not a name brand pickups are horrible,bridge fell apart and the knobs fell off
And Ghold my mom won't budge she rather pay tax and she says she wants me to play the guitar first b4 I buy it
you can always try out the guitar(s) of your choice at your local GC and then buy it online if that would fly with dear old mum
PAH!
True thanks and im going to be auditioning for laguardia high school next year its a famous music high school in new york city and I want a new guitar before then which is november
$180 for a Douglas or Agile guitar, $100 for a Peavy Vypyr 15, and $20 for a cable and spare set of strings + picks. That will give you a great starting setup and the Vypyr will help you decide what gear you want later on when you want bigger and better stuff.

I realize I should have just edited this into my last post but I wasnt thinking about it lol.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Jun 25, 2009,
The thing is my mom you cnt get douglas or agile guitars at gc or sam ash and she thinks any other place is a rip off
At least get the vypyr.
Spider

Vypyr
Main Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Flextone III
Peavey Vypyr. Not spider.

And i just ordered a agile and got it yesterday. its awesome! But if not get the Ibanez RG321MH
Quote by BloodHitman
Peavey Vypyr. Not spider.

And i just ordered a agile and got it yesterday. its awesome! But if not get the Ibanez RG321MH

What agile? How's it?

Thinking of getting one
Main Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Line 6 Flextone III
Can any1 give me a link to an agile and how are peavey's better than line 6
Quote by t.ev
you can always try out the guitar(s) of your choice at your local GC and then buy it online if that would fly with dear old mum

You can never find two guitars that feel the same
Quote by Snake™
Yeah, becuase Buckethead is like 6' 8" and his hands are bigger than George Lopez's head.

Quote by Scutchington
"You've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!"
Thanks and does a peavey have more or equal to features than the spider
Will it be good for all around an example what happens if I want to play with heavy distortion and play slayer riffs but then I want to play soft and clean and play chord progressions
If you are looking for a good guitar under $300, go for a Squier Classic Vibe. Check out some reviews and see how you like it.
You obviously spend too much time playing guitar, and not enough time learning to spell.

But yes, the vyper sounds better than the spyder, but they're both beginner/practice amps. You can switch between metal, cleans, classic rock, blues, and things in between, ask someone to play them for you or play it yourself
Pak1351 im sorry I can't spell words that were written wrong on purpose
Vypyr/RG321MH.

But seriously:
Type in complete sentences. English class is there for a reason, you know!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Page 1 of 2