So I'm in a metal band now and I finally decided it's time to play the field when ti comes to amps. I'm using a Randall RM 100 right now and I've had a couple reliability issues with it and since it is 69.something pounds I'm looking into other things. I got an amp in a trade and I'm selling it, hopefully, and that'll be just about enough money to get my friend's, uncle's Mark II and I know he'd let me pay off the rest. I know these are different beasts and I understand I need to try them both and all of that but I'm looking for insight from people that have tried and/or own some amps and hopefully some more info on their reliability.
Basically I've got a change to get a Mark II(don't know the exact model) which I'll be trying soon and for some strange reason I've been GASing for a 5150/6505(maybe +). I know they are totally different beasts but I'm wondering if the Mark II would get the OD tones I need and if the Peavey would do the clean tones I need. We play a mostly original songs and they are like a mixture of Opeth, Megadeth, Metallica, Pantera, BLS, and southern rock. As far as budget I'd like to keep it around 1000 used and I'd like to try to stay on the used market.

TL;DR Mark II - How heavy can it get? 5150/6505(+ optional) How bad are the cleans?
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Mark II's can get up there. Can get a good thrash tone. If cleans do matter to you, get the Mesa over the Peavey. I do like the 5150/6505's cleans for a good dirty blues tone though.
Well, we do the southern rock-ish stuff and I use some gritty cleans but I've got a nice OD pedal for that. We basically have hour long jams that go from Pantera to freakin' Les Paul to SRV to old school trash. I'm basically just for the perfect amp that we're all looking for, the one that does it all. Thanks for input on the Mesa, it's the one I'm most worried about since I've tried a 6505 quietly and I know it'd be an okay fit.
SPAM

i have a mark 4 and its nasty they just take forever to dial in, i like the 6505 but the marks are way more versitail
I've dreamed of getting a Mark for a while now....eventually I will get a Mark V or whatever they're calling it by the time I save up that much.
SPAM

im not sure about the other ones, but if its a IIC+ you have to buy it, without thought.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...