Im looking to replace the p-90s in my epiphone 56' goldtop, this guitar is mainly for blues and rock, and the amp i play through is a fender blues junior.

the pickups dont have to be p-90's( they just have to fit in the pickup cavities) and id really like them to be fairly cheap

thank you to all those who reply
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze Of My Youth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

caution: This sig employs the use of symbolism beyond "lol bright colours=flamboyantly gay
"
My roadhouse 90 blue set should do the trick! They are hand wound with a special gauge wire that I have custom made to match the wire of the original p90's and come standard with alnico 2 magnets which are rough cast and vintage correct. They can handle anything from Jump blues or country to black sabbath!
Not taking any online orders.
cool, how much are they cause my budget is $200 aus, i might just replace the neck because then i can get a real good quality pickup and also cause its practically what i use on 80 percent of the music i play with this guitar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze Of My Youth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

caution: This sig employs the use of symbolism beyond "lol bright colours=flamboyantly gay
"
Normal price is 55 GBP each which translates to about 114 AUD. UG'ers get a 10% discount but which brings it down to about 102 AUD but thats still over your budget. Unfortunatly I cant think of anything in your budget that is going to be an upgraid. The pickups in your guitar are actually pretty reasonable and better than the cheap aftermarket pickup. You might want to think about playing with different magnets to dial in the tone of what you already have. I think (not 100% sure) that your pickups are the short alnico 5 magnets so changing to a different graid of alnico with a longer bar will have a dramatic effect on tone. A2 would be more bluesy and spongey with less treble. 3 would be more round and even. 4 would be chimy and thick.
thanks for the information, but ive decided to only replace the neck so its not out of my budget, i feel the bridge p-90 does what i need it to do, i only switch to it every now and then for dramatic effect, but im gonna keep looking around to see what i can find and what my options are at the moment

but that roadhouse blue pick up looks sweet man, so this is my top option at the moment

Edit: do you mean i can change the actual magnets in my pickups? cause i have no experience in this, or do you mean buythe same p-90's i have but with different magnets, cause the longer magnet you described sounds great
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze Of My Youth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"
Last edited by wholelottabon at Jun 25, 2009,
^I mean change the magnets in your pickup. There are 2 screws on the bottom of your pickup, loosen them a little and you can slide the original magnets out and slide 2 new ones in. Takes about 2 min.
Quote by CorduroyEW
^I mean change the magnets in your pickup. There are 2 screws on the bottom of your pickup, loosen them a little and you can slide the original magnets out and slide 2 new ones in. Takes about 2 min.

thank you, ill have to give this a try, where can i buy magnets? just in any guitar parts shop?

and one day i will buy those p-90s of yours
as soon as i start gigging again adn this investment will make me some money

and once again thank you for explaining everything to me (im kinda extremely inexperienced in electronics beyond changing pickups)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daze Of My Youth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"
^I've got some on my website.

When you change the magnets remember to keep polarity in mind. You will want to point the magnets pull to the top of the pickup slugs and if it is pushed away from the pickup that is the side you want to face tward the slugs when you put it inside the pickup. Test both magnets and marke them with a pen or something before you install them just so you can be sure to get it right.