I am learning to play ACDC's Back In Black (the intro). On the last part of the riff, I have seen it played two different ways, see the image below. Both ways are circled, Version 1 in red, and Version 2 in blue.

In Version 1, the B note is always played on the 2nd Fret 5 String (the A string), and the rest of the notes are all played on the 6th string (the Low E string).
In version 2, the B note is always played on the 7th Fret 6th String (the Low E string) along with the rest of the notes on the 6th string (the Low E string).

In the last part of this riff, isn't the exact same notes being played no matter what version you use (Version 1 or Version 2), and don't you get the exact same results?

To me, it is easier and quicker to play Version 2. So why is there two different Versions, is one better than the other, if so, how? Will it be a detriment (hindrance)to me if I continue to play it with Version 2, or should I forget about Version 2 and start playing it the way it is in Version 1, what are your opinions?

Thanks for your help?
Only difference is that the notes could sound slightly different depending on which string they're played.

Whatever works best for you.
Quote by Cheesepuff
there is no better version. Just 2 ways to play it. Potato, potato. same thing

+1
Woot! New Zealand...
Though musical theory suggest that it will sound the same, there will always be a slight difference in intonation.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

I do the first way, I like the way it sounds with the second fret on the A string because when I play it all on the low E it get s a little muddy for my taste.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by BigDC
In the last part of this riff, isn't the exact same notes being played no matter what version you use (Version 1 or Version 2), and don't you get the exact same results?

To me, it is easier and quicker to play Version 2. So why is there two different Versions, is one better than the other, if so, how?
Most tabs you find on the internet are just written by normal people like you and me - so there are going to be differences based on how the different people play them, whether they focussed on getting it exactly the same as the original, tried to make it sound as good as they can (which is always going to be subjective), or picked the easiest fingering (again subjective). There are also going to be mistakes in a lot of tabs, because people like you and me aren't infallible.

Just play it whichever way you prefer the sound and feel of it.
Quote by sacamano79
I do the first way, I like the way it sounds with the second fret on the A string because when I play it all on the low E it get s a little muddy for my taste.

+1
I also like the first way, because I don't have to move my hand so awkwardly (its awkward for me, anyway)
I also like how I can let the B ring on while I play the chromatic ups.