guys, wondering anyone can recommend some really nice band out there? i'm into john petrucci kinda songs, liked dream theater as well BUT NOT the singing part. listen to lamb of god as well. its just that i'm NOT into those screamo metal singing.

LOVED the rhythm/melody/music of OPETH, however led down when they start the screamo singing.

i like those heavy chugging rhythm part/music but just not into screamo lead singing, anyone??
that style of singing isnt called screamo.

screamo is a completely different genre of music.

also, liste to Blotted Science.
illustration student - happy to do any band artwork/logos
some of my work can be seen at:

theGentleSquid

Quote by destöroyah
that style of singing isnt called screamo.

screamo is a completely different genre of music.

also, liste to Blotted Science.

this post is correct
Opeth, Screamo, what?

You'll probably like John Petrucci's solo stuff but I'm assuming you've already heard it. So go forth to some Russian Circles
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
now that i know screamo metal is categorized as specific genre,think should used 'yelling metal/singing' instead of screamo, my bad..

thanks guys for the quick input/feedback, will look for those suggestion..
Rec thread is stickied.

Also, Opeth has nothing to do with screamo. Neither does Dream Theater or Lamb of God. Exivious is a good instrumental band.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Screamo? What?

Maybe try some Cynic?
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Last edited by YourDad at Jun 25, 2009,
Screamo? Listen to Saetia.

Scale The Summit are techy/progy wankish instrumental metulz. Listen to them.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Joe_Perry
guys, wondering anyone can recommend some really nice band out there? i'm into john petrucci kinda songs, liked dream theater as well BUT NOT the singing part. listen to lamb of god as well. its just that i'm NOT into those screamo metal singing.

LOVED the rhythm/melody/music of OPETH, however led down when they start the screamo singing.

i like those heavy chugging rhythm part/music but just not into screamo lead singing, anyone??

Stop being a wimp. Metal isn't made to be INSTANTLY accessible like Pop music. Your ears have to adjust to the aggressiveness.

Try some Melodic death metal, like Amon Amarth. they are very light.
Or Bethlehem
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.