guys, wondering anyone can recommend some really nice band out there? i'm into john petrucci kinda songs, liked dream theater as well BUT NOT the singing part. listen to lamb of god as well. its just that i'm NOT into those screamo metal singing.

LOVED the rhythm/melody/music of OPETH, however led down when they start the screamo singing.

i like those heavy chugging rhythm part/music but just not into screamo lead singing, anyone??
Death growls are not "screamo singing". Calling it that will make elitist metal fans hate you.

Anyway, Nevermore are the heaviest band I know who use clean vocals. They also happen to be amazing.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by Joe_Perry
guys, wondering anyone can recommend some really nice band out there? i'm into john petrucci kinda songs, liked dream theater as well BUT NOT the singing part. listen to lamb of god as well. its just that i'm NOT into those screamo metal singing.

LOVED the rhythm/melody/music of OPETH, however led down when they start the screamo singing.

i like those heavy chugging rhythm part/music but just not into screamo lead singing, anyone??

Opeth and screamo in one sentence? Really?

EDIT: and totally agree on Nevermore.
now that i know screamo metal is categorized as specific genre,think should used 'yelling metal/singing' instead of screamo, my bad..

thanks guys for the quick input/feedback, will look for those suggestion.. 'nevermore'...
Perhaps some Blind Guardian would tickle your fancy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DJ_WZLSBQU
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
have a look at protest the hero, the fortress album is instrumental (I think, maybe its the only version I've got)
Quote by guitaro69
thanks Mighty Thor!!!!

Your throne awaits!

Put this in your sig if The Rake scared the living **** out of you.
The latest Mastodon album, 'Crack The Skye', is really good and has very few growls on. Their other albums are also amazing, but do have growling/shouting/whatever on them. But really you should just man up and listen to music with growls in.
Last edited by SmarterChild at Jun 25, 2009,
Russian Circles.

Epic instrumentals
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Instrumental music doesn't have singing anyway?
Guitar: Jackson JS30KV
PSN id : craig_241
Steam
Feel free to add me!