Hey guys,

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I find recording way more difficult than playing live. If I play a song live it sounds good and I make no mistakes, but when I try to record the guitar part at home it's NEVER perfect. All the times there is something wrong: maybe I am out of time by 0.1 seconds, maybe I mute a string that I shouldn't have muted, maybe I make a very little mistake... well you get the idea. All the times I have to delete the track and record it again, because I can't get it 100% perfect.

Do you have my problem too, or I just suck at guitar? How many times do you have to try to get the guitar track perfect? How do famous bands record guitar parts so perfectly?
You tend not to realize how much you suck when you have a cheering crowd...
When you play live, you think your playing perfect, when in fact its just as sloppy as when its recorded.

when the same performance is on tape though, and you have to listen to it 100 times, you hear all the errors plain as day.

the only solution is more practice unfortunatly
also, try getting someone to make a recording of one of your gigs on a regular basis, use that to figure out what needs tightening up.
Certain effects will make you sound less suckish. Like distortion for example. If you record with lots you'll tend not to hear your mistakes than if you just recorded the guitar clean.
"I'll bite into your face just to be close to your eyes"
Heaps of gain doesn't translate well in recordings, you don't need as much as you think and if you do that to mask your mistakes then you're spinning your wheels. Practice! crazy concept I know.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
I think it depends on the person. Personally I think I play better when im recording, mostly cos im sitting down, and not playing the whole song in one. But still I don't really make many noticable mistakes in any of those cases, when I turn bad is when im being videod. I'm fine recording the audio, but for some reason as soon as I start recording a video for youtube or something, I make a load of mistakes, I just feel more under pressure for some reason.
No, never.

I'm that awesome.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
yes. very much yes.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.