Hi, does anyone else think that fast strumming of full chords sounds realy harsh when played through an amp? How can this be overcome? Turning up the bass helps a bit.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
lol, seriously though...
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
eq'ing helps, also making the diference between bridge and neck pup might help...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Thanks, so no one else has realy encountered this issue?
I roll back on the volume knob just a bit to make sure it doesn't start to crackle.
turn your distortion and gain down

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Turn your gain down.

A lot.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by turtlewax
Hi, does anyone else think that fast strumming of full chords sounds realy harsh when played through an amp? How can this be overcome? Turning up the bass helps a bit.

I, personally, don't really. There are much more dissonant things you can do through gain than the standard chords...like minor/major 7 chords and minor second diads.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
play though the neck pup and turn the treble down and bass up
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Iv'e worked it out, I just needed to hold my pick looser when playing, so that it can flop about a bit.
yep, thats the way to do it
Quote by turtlewax
Iv'e worked it out, I just needed to hold my pick looser when playing, so that it can flop about a bit.

Thanks, I had that problem too. I surmised that I was attacking the strings too harshly, and you've confirmed it.

Oh and thanks to others on here too
You have two choice: work out your touch and get your strum become smooth but delicate or use your neck pickup and turning down treble using "TONE" knob.
yeah thanks, obviously an electric isn't realy meant for the aggressive sort of strumming you would serve up on an acoustic. Pete Townsend manages though...
I guess your gain is set to 10. turn it down to 5. Hit more of the lower strings and less of the higher, but also control open Es a bit