Usually i practice while i´m sitting . but when i want to play standing up, my playing gets worse.
is there a way to fix this, rather than just practice standing up all the time? i tried adjusting the strap so the guitar is always on the same position but it didn´t worked.
just keep practicing while standing. you'll get it eventually.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
You've learned guitar on a sitting position, so when you stand up variables change end your playing gets worse cause of this. There is probably no way to work around out, just start practicing standing up if that's how you wanna play. And yeah, adjusting the height of the guitar might make it feel more comfortable.
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
in other news: I've been playing for a few years, now. Just yesterday I asked myself, "Hey. Why haven't you ever tried playing with the guitar resting on your left knee while sitting?"

So I did it.

OH MY GOD, THE STABILITY!
Banging on a trash can
Quote by BigFatSandwich
in other news: I've been playing for a few years, now. Just yesterday I asked myself, "Hey. Why haven't you ever tried playing with the guitar resting on your left knee while sitting?"

So I did it.

OH MY GOD, THE STABILITY!

thats just classical sitting position,

OH MY GOD, THE STUPIDITY!
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
adjust your strap. You dont want a dramatic change ion position between standing and sitting. Have it so the guitar only changes a few inches or so when you stand
Quote by bananahammock

OH MY GOD, a tad harsh?
Quote by Les Paul Ell
OH MY GOD, a tad harsh?

OH MY GOD, just a bit :P
Quote by bananahammock

OH MY GOD THE DOUCHE-BAGGERY

I know what it is, dick. I'd just never thought to try it. I thought it was humerous, that's why I mentioned it.
Banging on a trash can
I was watching Townshend from 1970 last night. Whenever he got to a more intricate bit of a song, he held the neck of his SG really high for comfort. Then he let it down for windmills and such. Its worth trying all positions until you find what is best for you. But if you have any thoughts of gigging, a chair is a nono.
Personally I found my tone improved when I played standing so I had the incentive to always stand for electric. Sitting with an acoustic is often better and quite acceptable on stage. Its a weird world.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x