Ok so now its time i buy a new electric. I use a Line 6 Spider III 150 Watt amp and im not going to change it.
I am looking for a guitar under 1000$ which is great for playing Metalcore (Killswitch, LoG, As I Lay Dying .etc.)
Right now im considering a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
I do not want a Floyd Rose on the guitar.
Any recommendations ? or should i go with the Hellraiser
Quote by Aditya_ram
Ok so now its time i buy a new electric. I use a Line 6 Spider III 150 Watt amp and im not going to change it.
I am looking for a guitar under 1000$ which is great for playing Metalcore (Killswitch, LoG, As I Lay Dying .etc.)

Just get a nice Ibanez RG, seems to be a popular guitar for that "genre"
Last edited by adambauman31 at Jun 25, 2009,
why do you want a better guitar? which one do you currently have?
the hellraiser is your best bet but may i ask what your current guitar is?
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
I'd get a Schecter ATX Blackjack C-1 without FR. It comes with active Seymour Duncan black-outs and has looks that kill. You can't go wrong with that.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

With that amp its not going to sound better so go with what feels nice at the right price.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Ain't gonna sound that different through a modeling amp like that. Also, what guitar do you have now? What do you want a new one? Isn't it cheaper to change pickups? SO MANY QUESTIONS, AND NOT ENOUGH ANSWERS, DAMMIT.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
meh any guitar can play metalcore as long as the player knows how to use the guitar properly.

This

And it's not going to sound any better out of your amp btw.
Quote by MetalHead916
This

And it's not going to sound any better out of your amp btw.

+2, for what he said this to, and what he said.

But if anything, an Ibanez RG
Get a real amp first. A tele can do metalcore through a good amp.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Night_Warrior
+2, for what he said this to, and what he said.

But if anything, an Ibanez RG

+1 for the Ibanez RG. I swear I'm not being biased. It is the "Rock Guitar"
i can get a really good tone from my amp
Check out my guitar covers here. http://www.youtube.com/user/insanityaditya
I currently use a Fender Mexican Stratocaster.
Also i'm looking for a guitar with really good feel, and will sound good on other amps as well.
I don't need comments saying "Get a real amp" or anything like that. At gigs, the amps are provided by the event organizers.
I hate ibanez guitars. My friend has a prestige and i dint like it one bit.
Im gonna go for the Schecter. Thanks
Quote by Cody_Grey102

ya man its all about the 6505+ or peavey triple x,mesa dual/triple rec. i personally favor the framus cobra and dragon but their both expensive as hell. i had buddy with a mesa triple rec and a ts 808 we plugged in a first act gutiar sounded pretty good just goes to show that its better to have a budget guitar and kickass amp then a expensive guitar and a ****ty amp
BC Rich NJ Beast transparent red, BC Rich NT beast gloss black,ESP F-100fm, OD-9,MT-2,NS-2,line 6 Spider 2 120

Late Goblin67
thanks a lot. Dude i have been playing for just over a year.. i live in India so tube amps and stuff arent easily available here and if they are they are expensive as hell (normally One and a half times the price). Also im just 15 years old and guitaring is simply a hobby. I don't need a tube amp. Just something that keeps me happy.
I found a prefect tone on my spider III. If people play it at a guitar centre for like 10 mins pass a judgement on it, its really stupid. A lot of the presets are lame but some of them kick major ass .eg. the Killswitch Engage Preset DeepfriedRiff.
Quote by MetalHead916
+1 for the Ibanez RG. I swear I'm not being biased. It is the "Rock Guitar"

I personally prefer an S, but if you want the "rock guitar"... Iceman!
Quote by Night_Warrior
I personally prefer an S, but if you want the "rock guitar"... Iceman!

Ugh I wish I had an Iceman...I prefer RG's, but I have been playing my S Series mainly for the past week. I just want to get some new pups in it. Other than that, it is sweet...
I personally don't think basswood RGs are good for metalcore. They don't have the low end and grind that's needed. You're at the price point where you can get a high quality basswood RG or a much lower quality mahogany RG. But today's your lucky day.
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-IBA-RGA321F-LIST
Here's the Prestige RGA321. The new ones cost $2000 and all they did was change the color and electronics. This one comes with custom Dimarzios that are now only found in the most expensive model (RGT320Z). The pickups are really good. You can get it for $899.97 if you tell them you saw it in the catalog. This is a huge deal for an amazing guitar.
Quote by JELIFISH19
I personally don't think basswood RGs are good for metalcore. They don't have the low end and grind that's needed. You're at the price point where you can get a high quality basswood RG or a much lower quality mahogany RG. But today's your lucky day.
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-IBA-RGA321F-LIST
Here's the Prestige RGA321. The new ones cost $2000 and all they did was change the color and electronics. This one comes with custom Dimarzios that are now only found in the most expensive model (RGT320Z). The pickups are really good. You can get it for $899.97 if you tell them you saw it in the catalog. This is a huge deal for an amazing guitar.

Hmmm, I never knew that would affect it much. I always thought the amp would matter the most.

As I stare at the beautiful prestige, peek into my empty wallet, and start to cry...
Quote by MetalHead916
Hmmm, I never knew that would affect it much. I always thought the amp would matter the most.

As I stare at the beautiful prestige, peek into my empty wallet, and start to cry...

Maybe I have a freak RG. Everyone says it's great for metal but I don't see it. Mine stays very clean even though it has high output humbuckers. It doesn't like to get dirty. My strat with single coils and my G-400 are a lot dirtier using the same amp settings. The attack is also incredibly sharp. Palm mutes don't trail off like they do with mahogany. They also feel weak. The tightness works great for fast lines, but as soon as I slow down, it doesn't sound very good. But those are the reasons I like it. I mainly play 80s metal so I mainly live on the higher strings and everything I play is crystal clear.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by JELIFISH19
Maybe I have a freak RG. Everyone says it's great for metal but I don't see it. Mine stays very clean even though it has high output humbuckers. It doesn't like to get dirty. My strat with single coils and my G-400 are a lot dirtier using the same amp settings. The attack is also incredibly sharp. Palm mutes don't trail off like they do with mahogany. They also feel weak. The tightness works great for fast lines, but as soon as I slow down, it doesn't sound very good. But those are the reasons I like it. I mainly play 80s metal so I mainly live on the higher strings and everything I play is crystal clear.

Yea, a freakin' sexy RG I just checked a pic out on google. Damn, I want a white guitar.

I've always felt my RG was good for metal, but I've always played fast with them and never really tried slow stuff ... but nowadays I've been playing a lot with my S series. A mixture of me liking it, and the pickup on the 570 with that 9volt preamp thing is complete crap. Hopefully looking to get a Dimarzio Super Distortion in it soon.

To each man his own I guess. And I drop in a bit of 80's metal with the RG here and there, but nowadays I'm just trying to get technical ala Necrophagist... or put down the shredders, pick up the hollowbody and bust out some blues

Wait a sec hmmmm .. I'm pretty sure my S series is mahogany and that does sound a bit more brutal and deeper than the RG. You make a good point..
Quote by Aditya_ram
i can get a really good tone from my amp
Check out my guitar covers here. http://www.youtube.com/user/insanityaditya
I currently use a Fender Mexican Stratocaster.
Also i'm looking for a guitar with really good feel, and will sound good on other amps as well.
I don't need comments saying "Get a real amp" or anything like that. At gigs, the amps are provided by the event organizers.
I hate ibanez guitars. My friend has a prestige and i dint like it one bit.
Im gonna go for the Schecter. Thanks

Judging a whole brand on one guitar

Maybe try a jackson then lots of them come with EMG's or at least Seymour Duncans.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Thanks, it was actually I blind buy. I've never even seen one in person before pulling the trigger. It's an interesting looking guitar. The white finish has gold sparkles. The inlays can only be seen if the light hits it a certain way. And the pickguard looks black (it's really a translucent dark maroon/purple) when light shines on it but it's mirror when light isn't directly on it. I think it looks ugly in certain lighting. It doesn't like to be photographed.

Technical metal and shred is where the RG shines IMO. Everything is really tight and defined. I used to be into metalcore and some of my friends are still into it. I do play a breakdown once in a blue moon and that's where it fails. Mine sounds exactly like the Between the Buried and Me lead tone even though he played an S with EMGs, it doesn't make sense at all. I think the RG just needs to be constantly played. It's built for speed and complexity. I do see a lot more Ss for metalcore and most other types of metal. They are very similar but I find that the S has more bottom to it, but just the right amount so that it will never get muddy or lose clarity.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Thanks, it was actually I blind buy. I've never even seen one in person before pulling the trigger. It's an interesting looking guitar. The white finish has gold sparkles. The inlays can only be seen if the light hits it a certain way. And the pickguard looks black (it's really a translucent dark maroon/purple) when light shines on it but it's mirror when light isn't directly on it. I think it looks ugly in certain lighting. It doesn't like to be photographed.

Technical metal and shred is where the RG shines IMO. Everything is really tight and defined. I used to be into metalcore and some of my friends are still into it. I do play a breakdown once in a blue moon and that's where it fails. Mine sounds exactly like the Between the Buried and Me lead tone even though he played an S with EMGs, it doesn't make sense at all. I think the RG just needs to be constantly played. It's built for speed and complexity. I do see a lot more Ss for metalcore and most other types of metal. They are very similar but I find that the S has more bottom to it, but just the right amount so that it will never get muddy or lose clarity.

Oh, I thought the pickgaurd was black. Pretty nice blind buy.

I agree that it's built for speed and technical riffs .. ala the wizard neck to move really really fast. I notice that I do a lot more quick riffs with the RG. My drummer hasn't gotten good enough yet to play more of the technical stop and go type stuff (Fast he is though, exceptionally good for somebody that practices once every two weeks for 45 minutes). So I usually pull out my S series, some chug chugg chugga sweep and to some diminished minors. I think the S kills the RG for breakdowns. It does have more bottom.

You're pretty knowledgeable man ... every thread I see you in I'm learning something new...keep up the good work. I'm finally becoming more knowledgeable with gear. Back in the day I just played. There was nothing too it. Some amps were bigger and some guitars cost more. At least now I can tell the difference between what amps are good and which are not, what trems work better than others, and the differences between gear. Thanks to UG

Later
You're looking to improve your tone, aren't you? A new guitar will hardly do that. Just put better pickups in your strat if you're gonna be so persnickety.
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
UG is crawling with Ibanez fanboys! GO FOR THE ESP EC1000 or MH1000NT! ESP owns IBI's.
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200
Quote by Aditya_ram

every new metalcore band i see seem to use stratocaster shaped ltd's. imo i hate metalcore, i like lamb of god and even though there supposably classified as metalcore i think there more of a speed metal band as chris adler stated himself. and ltd's are a quality instrument for the price you pay, i have a wa-600 and i think its amazing
I know it's been said, but seriously, you need to get a real amp. I have the little Spider III and it's good for practice, but I could never imagine playing a gig with it. (even if it was the same sound at a higher wattage). In my experience with that amp, as long as the guitar your using has humbuckers, it'll sound about the same. But then again, I hate most metalcore so you may not want to listen to me.
Quote by Cody_Grey102

and through his current amp, a tele playing metalcore would sound the same as an RG playing metalcore
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Get a new amp, we don't say it to spite you we say it because its where tone come from, besides why would you buy a guitar if it wont be used to its potential.

But I guess LTD EC1000.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by silly hats
Get a new amp, we don't say it to spite you we say it because its where tone come from, besides why would you buy a guitar if it wont be used to its potential.

But I guess LTD EC1000.

EC1000=EC401 with disgusting Abalone inlays.
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410