alright, so I have a chance to pick up a schecter omen 7 for about 150 bucks, catch is the pickups dont work. Since I would change pickups anyway, it would be like getting a slightly used omen 7 for 150 bucks, with maybe 100 or 150 left in my pocket to upgrade the neck pickup, the tuners and the pots.

good idea? bad idea? wait and save up for a "real" expensive guitar?
Go for it!
Guitars:
Ibanez RGR321EX
Schecter Omen 7 (with Dimarzio D-Sonic in bridge and Air Norton in neck)
Effects:
Tokai TFL-1 Flanger
Boss RGE-10 Graphic EQ
Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Amp:
Laney IronHeart IRT60 212
Quote by CoreysMonster
alright, so I have a chance to pick up a schecter omen 7 for about 150 bucks, catch is the pickups dont work. Since I would change pickups anyway, it would be like getting a slightly used omen 7 for 150 bucks, with maybe 100 or 150 left in my pocket to upgrade the neck pickup, the tuners and the pots.

good idea? bad idea? wait and save up for a "real" expensive guitar?

If you spend 150 bucks on pickups, you'd really only be saving about 50 bucks. Wouldn't you rather have a new one?
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar
If you spend 150 bucks on pickups, you'd really only be saving about 50 bucks. Wouldn't you rather have a new one?

no, because I would change the pickups on a new one anyway.

new + pups = 370 + 150 = 540
used + pups = 150 + 150 = 300

540 - 300 = 240

I'd be saving a whopping 240, I was mainly wondering if the guitar itself was worth the 150, or if it's a piece of junk and I'd be better off with an RG 7321 or an Apex 2
Quote by CoreysMonster
no, because I would change the pickups on a new one anyway.

new + pups = 370 + 150 = 540
used + pups = 150 + 150 = 300

540 - 300 = 240

I'd be saving a whopping 240, I was mainly wondering if the guitar itself was worth the 150, or if it's a piece of junk and I'd be better off with an RG 7321 or an Apex 2

Ahh, I see. What wrong with the stock pickups?
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar
Ahh, I see. What wrong with the stock pickups?

I tried an Omen 7 out at the guitar store and thought they were just really muddy on the low B string, gonna get some SDs or Dimarzios.