before anyone tells me i should get a warwick or an ibanez or something, I need a schecter bass so that then everyone in our xbox clan (AOC) has a schecter!

my main question is does anyone know if there is a shop in the cheadle or manchester city centre areas that sell schecter basses??? as I have found none.

the second question is...

i have decided on the schecter stilletto series, as it would go well with the rest of the band and it seems liek they should play well (although i havent found a shop that sells them yet ) but my dialema is whether its worth forking out the extra money to get the custom model with the EMG pickups or to get the extreme with the humbucker pickups and save the extra money and put it towards my amp funds. (currently i have my eyes on a nice line6 amp that works well with my current P bass and has good metal and punk capabilities, (my most common genres).

Any help on my pickup dialema or if anyone knows a shop in cheadle or manchester that sells schecter basses (i have currently tried dawsons and soundsgreat, but i dont know anywhere else to try) would be very greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
You should use your money getting high quality equipment, rather than getting a whole rig that sucks, get a nice bass, then save your money again and get a nice amp etc.
It'll work out better in the long run.

Have you tried Gumtree?
Or even Ebay.
dont buy an instrument because your little teener bopper video game buddies have one from the same brand, try out the darn thing first
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Quote by captaindonut
dont buy an instrument because your little teener bopper video game buddies have one from the same brand, try out the darn thing first

this is why i made the thread so I could find one
I have also heard they are good quality basses, and i like the styling.

Where is reverb?? I've heard of it but i tried google mapping it and it didnt come up, a road name or general location would be much appreciated =]
I've found it on plenty of websites i want try out at least a schecter even if its not the one i want in order to get an idea of what im getting myself in for. there are 3 other bass guitarists in our clan with schetcers and they claim they are excellent
Quote by squizzlemonkey
I've found it on plenty of websites i want try out at least a schecter even if its not the one i want in order to get an idea of what im getting myself in for. there are 3 other bass guitarists in our clan with schetcers and they claim they are excellent

They have a good structure to them, and nice feel, but the tone is bland, no punch or grit anywhere to be found. You would also have a hard time trying to replace the pickups in that sucker without routing it all to hell. I'm with what the other guy said, don't buy a bass or anything for that matter simply because you want to have what your group of friends has, (peer pressure at its finest), buy one because it suits your needs and has a sound you like that you can't get anywhere else.

You mentioned that you have your eye set on a certain Line 6 amp that would compliment your P-bass, go with that. If you don't actually need another bass don't go through the trouble of getting one.
yeah, i spose i am being pressured into it. thanks you saved me blowing a lot of money there. just as another question i noticed the yamaha RBX347 looked quite nice aswell, do you think that would have better "punch"??
Quote by ZanaZulu8070
They have a good structure to them, and nice feel, but the tone is bland, no punch or grit anywhere to be found. You would also have a hard time trying to replace the pickups in that sucker without routing it all to hell. I'm with what the other guy said, don't buy a bass or anything for that matter simply because you want to have what your group of friends has, (peer pressure at its finest), buy one because it suits your needs and has a sound you like that you can't get anywhere else.

You mentioned that you have your eye set on a certain Line 6 amp that would compliment your P-bass, go with that. If you don't actually need another bass don't go through the trouble of getting one.

Bland? Are you high? Schecters have a punch that could leave Vin Diesel wondering what the **** happened. Their tonal versatility is amazing. The bass is tight and punchy, the mids are smooth yet growly, and the highs have that certain 'pop' to them. I dunno if the one you played had dead strings or what, but bland is not an option with the stiletto, especially if you go to or above the Stiletto Custom model.

I'd say try one if you can. The sound won't disappoint, but the necks are love or hate and the string spacing is the same.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
kk thx cody, ive found a few other shops do I'll hopefully be able to try one out. Does it have a good punk sound? as that seems to be the direction my band is moving towards, thanks for the help, i used to have a peavey with strings ridiculously far apart and from the fretboard so i should manage
The strings are actually closer than most people are used to. The punk sound is great, very warm with a pick. With some EQing and fiddling with the knobs, you can dial in a nice grindy punk sound.
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
i used to have a schecter diamond series ab-1. it had active pickups and sounded great for some kinds of metal, but imo it didn't sound very good for anything else.

if your current bass sounds good, i'd go for the most amp with the biggest bottom i could get for my money - but that's only my opinion.
I may be just the guy for you.

got 350?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by patticake
i used to have a schecter diamond series ab-1. it had active pickups and sounded great for some kinds of metal, but imo it didn't sound very good for anything else.

if your current bass sounds good, i'd go for the most amp with the biggest bottom i could get for my money - but that's only my opinion.

I play in a worship band and an alternative punkish band. Sounds great for both. Maybe it's just the higher end (Custom, Elite, And Studio) Stiletto's that have that versatile charm.
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Bland? Are you high? Schecters have a punch that could leave Vin Diesel wondering what the **** happened. Their tonal versatility is amazing. The bass is tight and punchy, the mids are smooth yet growly, and the highs have that certain 'pop' to them. I dunno if the one you played had dead strings or what, but bland is not an option with the stiletto, especially if you go to or above the Stiletto Custom model.

I'd say try one if you can. The sound won't disappoint, but the necks are love or hate and the string spacing is the same.

thats true I own the Custom Model and it owns
Quote by Cody_Grey102

you mean like he did to his career after he released The Pacifier?

oh snap!
Try adding more delay.
Correct me if I'm wrong someone, But I'm pretty sure that all of the Stiletto Series have the same pickups: EMG-Hz's. Which sound ok... but I would definitely recommend upgrading to the nice EMG bass pups.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
i think instead of getting a schecter im gonna but this schecter look-a-like for £50 and then upgrade with the EMG Hz p'ups and some nice strings etc, does anyone know of anyone that will do good custom scratchplates??? thanks for the help though much appreciated, I'll get a high end schecter when I have more money =]
and preferrabley based around the Cheadle or central Manchester area for the scratchplates thanks in advance
does this schecter look-alike have a semi-decent bridge, any reliable fretwork, or even a truss rod? Chances are it's lacking in a lot of areas, and a pickup upgrade and new strings might make it sound better but it will be a pain to play. Also, the schecters i've seen don't have scratchplates. what model is it supposed to be a knockoff of?
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
well its got a schecter based head and neck and the bridge and fretwork are managable but the bpdy is like a P bass so I'll prob get a p bass scratchplate and get it cut to the right size