I'm keen on purchasing the Kaoss Pad 3 on ebay cause instruments and musical equipment here in Australia are ridiculously expensive compared to other countries...

I started becoming aware of the power adaptor it needs, and of course the power plug will be different because i'll be purchasing it internationally.
And apparently it's really hard to find an adaptor for the kaoss pad anywhere...

I know it runs on a DC 12V 700mA adaptor, but because it's a different plug, I'll have to find an Australian adaptor.

My question is, if my search fails, is it possible to use any DC 12V 700mA adaptor, or do I specifically have to use the Korg ones that are supplied with the Kaoss pad? Oh and does the AC current affect it?

Forum Archives / About / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2006
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2009, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
You can use any DC 12V 700mA transformer for it, you just void your warranty if it breaks whilst using another one usually. There's no difference, they just want you to use their stuff cos then they get more money. What do you mean specifically by "does the AC current affect it?"?
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by James13v at Jun 25, 2009,
I would use the one Korg provides, because like the guy above me says, it'll void your warranty if it breaks
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
You can always chop the plug off of the stock Korg adapter and solder it onto any other adapter with suitable voltage and current specifications.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by James13v
You can use any DC 12V 700mA transformer for it, you just void your warranty if it breaks whilst using another one usually. There's no difference, they just want you to use their stuff cos then they get more money. What do you mean specifically by "does the AC current affect it?"?

Sorry, in not good with electronics, but does the AC Input power affect it in any way?

Forum Archives / About / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2006