Can't think of any rock waltzs, but House of the Rising Sun is in 6:8 because the quavers are subdivided as triplets.
An easy 3:4 song to learn is Sweet Lady by Queen. Don't let the name fool you: It's easily one of their heaviest!
My Signal Chain:

Gibson 1974 Les Paul Custom
Vox AC-30 cc2 combo
JAM Pedals Tubedreamer +

Nigel will always be 1 louder than you!
Argh it's a Conspiracy!!!!

blackbird by alter bridge - its 6/8 i think but same difference i suppose
Grooving to the Music

Skydiving Fund: R 50.00/ R 1600.00

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

The Dalai Lama
Manic Depression - Hendrix is in 3/4 and has the oom cha cha rythem to it ahaha
Quote by Zooropean11
An easy 3:4 song to learn is Sweet Lady by Queen. Don't let the name fool you: It's easily one of their heaviest!

Good choice. Wouldn't say it was one of their heaviest though. Ogre Battle and Stone Cold Crazy are far heavier.

Isn't I'm In Love With My Car in 3:4?

EDIT: Yes it is

EDIT AGAIN: Actually in 6:8... But close
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Last edited by Sampy at Jun 25, 2009,
I'm not sure but

White Room by Cream EDIT nvm it's 5/4
Last edited by Angry-Mares at Jun 25, 2009,
weezer - my name is jonas

always a fun tune.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Sampy
Good choice. Wouldn't say it was one of their heaviest though. Ogre Battle and Stone Cold Crazy are far heavier.

Isn't I'm In Love With My Car in 3:4?

EDIT: Yes it is

EDIT AGAIN: Actually in 6:8... But close

Good point! I'd say Ogre Battle qualifies as their heaviest from the 70's, bar none, even Stone Cold Crazy. My opinion, of course....Those were the days, back before The Game came out and ruined their focus....oh well.

I still think Sweet Lady is pretty heavy though. That guitar riffery has definitely inspired lots of metal bands.

/threadjack.

On topic, most country and Western songs are in 3/4, if not 4/4 time. You could take a look at them.
My Signal Chain:

Gibson 1974 Les Paul Custom
Vox AC-30 cc2 combo
JAM Pedals Tubedreamer +

Nigel will always be 1 louder than you!
"Fell on Black Days" by Soundgarden is in 6/8 time, so its kinda like 3/4 with more chord strums.