Ok so im buying a few pedals off PGS. If any of these pedals aren't worth the price tag and could be replaced by a same price, better quality pedal, please tell me!

Lovepedal Purple Plexi

H.B.E. DeTox EQ

EH Holy Stain
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Last edited by weetadsftw at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by nightraven
what do you want the holy stain for? it's probably the worst sounding pedal i've ever heard

oh dam...i thought the pitch shift could be useful. but yeah i just looked at some harmony-central reviews and apparently its worthless.

edit: ok its gone

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Last edited by weetadsftw at Jun 25, 2009,
I think you're good :thu:

EDIT: Where's the thuimbs up smile
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Last edited by DiSTuRBeD -26- at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by Skierinanutshel
first two are gold.

and also get a malekko spring chicken.....so that someone can get one and we can get a review of it

oh man i was watching a video of that like an hour ago. that things kicks. i just might... let me see the price tag

edit: hmmmm not bad

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by WtrPlyr
If you want to spend less money, you can get a Crunchbox in stead of a Purple Plexi.

word
Quote by WtrPlyr
If you want to spend less money, you can get a Crunchbox in stead of a Purple Plexi.

budget's not really the issue here. im just trying to make sure i'm getting the best for my money. like 500USD for everything i was hoping. but now that the holy stain is gone i have some more money to spend...

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by Mitchell?
The Purple Plexi and Crunch Box aren't voiced the same, so...

but which do you prefer?! i am so torn! oh and im looking for the one that has paul gilbert tones inside a small compact metal chasis...

yeah i would look at a fuzz but i dont play any music that requires it

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
I prefer the Purple Plexi, but it's really just personal preference.

The PP does vintage cranked Plexi tones very well, whereas the Crunch Box is aimed more at more modern Marshall tones, like a JCM800. The Crunch Box has lots of mids, and a tight low end. The Purple Plexi, well, sounds like a Plexi, which is why I like it better.
Quote by Mitchell?
I prefer the Purple Plexi, but it's really just personal preference.

The PP does vintage cranked Plexi tones very well, whereas the Crunch Box is aimed more at more modern Marshall tones, like a JCM800. The Crunch Box has lots of mids, and a tight low end. The Purple Plexi, well, sounds like a Plexi, which is why I like it better.

eh...im looking for paul gilbert tones. will any of these deliver?

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
The above people are right, the Purple Plexi is more vintage, Crunchbox modern. I just like the modern voicings more. I'm not so familiar with Gilbert's tone but I guess his tone is more modern therefore Crunchbox-y
Quote by WtrPlyr
The above people are right, the Purple Plexi is more vintage, Crunchbox modern. I just like the modern voicings more. I'm not so familiar with Gilbert's tone but I guess his tone is more modern therefore Crunchbox-y

ill be looking into that but what about xotic bb?

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Ech, I never liked the Xotic stuff that much. I will tell you that the Purple plexi has a much broader range of sounds than the crunchbox. The CB is decent and it's priced well but there's one sound in that box. If you like it, great, but you'll definitely find something you like in the PP.
Quote by Roc8995
Ech, I never liked the Xotic stuff that much. I will tell you that the Purple plexi has a much broader range of sounds than the crunchbox. The CB is decent and it's priced well but there's one sound in that box. If you like it, great, but you'll definitely find something you like in the PP.

alright thanks for that.
now its between purple plexi/catalin dirty little secret

Rig:

Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff