i used to cover songs for 3-4 years just to learn mixing techniques .. i m really happy with my production abilities and the sound i get in my crappy little home studio ..

i used to be straight punk rocker for so many years .. but i decided to be more experimental now that i m working on my songs .. thats why i added piano/strings e.t.c i even added a guitar solo in the end .. which sounds so childish .. i was only playing powerchords since i can remember myself.. if u are too lazy to listen the whole song just skip the the half of the song and listen the solo and give me some feedback .. delete it and replace it with a piano melody .. ?

what music genre you would place this song .. they always ask me what kind of music i play .. and i dont really know what to say .. its not punk .. not metal .. not ur typical mainstream alt.rock .. nevermind .. i m waiting for you comments

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7749689
I actually thought it sounded really good, the production quality was top notch for a home studio imo. I also thought the solo worked well, I would maybe turn the volume on it up a little bit. Either way I approve and though it's not my style of music I found myself wanting to throw up a lighter and sway back and forth uncontrollably.
I really like it, although I didn't understand the lyrics lol But definitely turn up the guitar solo a bit. Otherwise it's really good, great quality recording.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
Quote by Sidthewriter
I actually thought it sounded really good, the production quality was top notch for a home studio imo. I also thought the solo worked well, I would maybe turn the volume on it up a little bit. Either way I approve and though it's not my style of music I found myself wanting to throw up a lighter and sway back and forth uncontrollably.

home studio ... really cheap one ..****tiest mixer ever .. dont u ever think to buy a PHONIC HELIX mixer .. ever 20 mins turn out on its own .. and u have to restart it like 20 times to work again properly .. Drums are from ezdrummer .. lots of effects/compression/reverb to make them not to sound so "midi"
Guitars are recorded through a cheap dynamic mic Senheiser e-835s from a really cheap guitar amp (kustom) .. for cellos/strings/piano i used Reason ..

i m really glad that you liked it thanks for listening
Quote by Poglia
Nice production! What did you use to record the rhythm guitar?

a Senheiser dynamic mic in front of a KUSTOM amp .. i dont even have a pedal for a good distorted sound cz i m one man band .. i dont know what to buy first .. better mic, mic preamps, studio monitors, guitar pedal for effects, bass amp .. when u are into home studio production the list never ends .. u always need something more ...
Quote by -NOFX-
I really like it, although I didn't understand the lyrics lol But definitely turn up the guitar solo a bit. Otherwise it's really good, great quality recording.

yeah its in greek .. haha .. u dont really want me to sing in english .. my accent is awful

i guess u liked the solo because u are a nofx fan .. .. a jazz/blues/metal guy i dont think they will think the same ..they will find it extremely weak .. but hey i m happy that someone liked it thanks man
When the firsts guitar notes came in it reminded me of "Damage Inc." by Metallica. But it was only a couple of note. Overally it felt really "atmospheric", and being a bit high, i really appreciated it. I repeated it a couple of times lol.

It doesn't drag out too much, you managed to keep it interesting all way long. And nice quality for a home studio mix ! And also, nice vocals. Do you have a translation for the lyrics ?

I don't think you should drop out the guitar for a piano for the solo, it sounds good as it is.

Check mine if you don't mind ? ->
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1147013&highlight=a+music+box+for+fantasy

thanks
Quote by UVER
When the firsts guitar notes came in it reminded me of "Damage Inc." by Metallica. But it was only a couple of note. Overally it felt really "atmospheric", and being a bit high, i really appreciated it. I repeated it a couple of times lol.

It doesn't drag out too much, you managed to keep it interesting all way long. And nice quality for a home studio mix ! And also, nice vocals. Do you have a translation for the lyrics ?

I don't think you should drop out the guitar for a piano for the solo, it sounds good as it is.

Check mine if you don't mind ? ->
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1147013&highlight=a+music+box+for+fantasy

thanks

i should check out that song .. i m not into metallica ... i m so happy for ur positive feedback .. my lyrics are not something original..its ur typical love song .. its a true story tho ... it talks about "bad timing" i wrote it for a girl that i had/still have a crush on her for like 8 months .... chorus says "i ll wait you for ever blah blah" .. (sounds so emo) lol big words .. but hey .. when u are really in love we usually say big words .. when i ll completely finish it off i m planning to give it to her .. maybe she ll change her mind .. .. shes going in to England for studies i m staying here .. whats the point to try something more she said to me .... so i wrote her this song and i m telling her I LL BE WAITING FOR YOU ... 'tha perimeno tha to dis xares kai lipes tha me ki .. tha perimeno tha to dis xronia aiones tha me kei .."

thanks man!!!!!!!!!!! .. i m going to check it out now