Page 1 of 2
if theres something about this already, give me the link and ill close this, but what do you guys think of the US national team beating f*cking SPAIN 2-0 to earn a birth in the confederation cup final? i know, going to the final is great, but i think beating spain was even more of a shock. so, is it REALLY one of the top 5 upsets like some announcers are saying? i know this has to be good for our morale going into next years world cup though.
discuss
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Jun 25, 2009,
USA beat Spain 2-0? Someone give me alink, this is unbelievable.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
See, illegal immigrant from South America do have uses.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
crazy, yes. but confederations cup isnt exactly... the world cup. it is a quite dull tournament, imo.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Confederation cup...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Demon Wolf
crazy, yes. but confederations cup isnt exactly... the world cup. it is a quite dull tournament, imo.

So I assume watching your team get into the NFL PLayoffs would be a bore as well, just because it isn't the Superbowl?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']So I assume watching your team get into the NFL PLayoffs would be a bore as well, just because it isn't the Superbowl?
im not sure he follows the NFL
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Well, it isn't the greates tournament, but it does show that the USA has potential for "soccer". I think they should get into it more, that way the soccer world will be so intimidated that they forget about the Dutch team, and we'd be world champions!
confederartion cup- it's where the best of each continent meet. it's a pre-world cup tournament if i'm not mistaken
Quote by ATM*
cool, two reports in one thread. You, sir, are a superstar.

*reported*

*again*

i'm a superstar
Quote by Strato-Massacre
im not sure he follows the NFL

Then he's either gay or not from the USA (mad rhymes )
I finished watching it on iPlayer and they were impressive to say the least. Spain weren't exactly on form, but for a team like USA (who I wouldn't have thought were at all good) to beat them is a massive feat. Does anyone know who they're playing in the final, or when it is?
i wish the team would play more consistent THIS way
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by uk.mace
I finished watching it on iPlayer and they were impressive to say the least. Spain weren't exactly on form, but for a team like USA (who I wouldn't have thought were at all good) to beat them is a massive feat. Does anyone know who they're playing in the final, or when it is?

they play the winner of south africa vs. brazil this sunday. brazil beat us 3-0 earlier this week in the tournament.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
An upset for sure, well done to the USA.

Hopefully they'll go far in the World Cup next year, I've always wanted to see an England vs USA game.
Awesome game to watch, though Spain were absolutely dominating those last 30 minutes. Torres is unbelievable.

It's nice to see some real progress being made with the U.S. team -- I think the whole Beckham coming to America thing set us back in the soccer/football world's view instead of helping us.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Then he's either gay or not from the USA (mad rhymes )

well, i am swedish. we tackle each other without shoulder puffs and crotch protection.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
^thats because all the big names come here once they are towards the end of their careers. pele?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
The US gets 1 good result.. And now you think you're the bee's knees

One of the top 5 upsets? Of what? All time?

The USA are moving forward in terms of soccer, but you are a long, long way off being one of the best on the world scene.
Quote by Demon Wolf
well, i am swedish. we tackle each other without shoulder puffs and crotch protection.

well played, good sir
Quote by Don_Humpador

The USA are moving forward in terms of soccer, but you are a long, long way off being one of the best on the world scene.

i asked what you guys thought of it. i never said that now were hot sh*t and going to win the world cup.
EDIT: i never said we were one of the best in the world either.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by The_Casinator
Well, it isn't the greates tournament, but it does show that the USA has potential for "soccer". I think they should get into it more, that way the soccer world will be so intimidated that they forget about the Dutch team, and we'd be world champions!

Best footballing nation not to have won the World Cup.
Quote by rafael90
confederartion cup- it's where the best of each continent meet. it's a pre-world cup tournament if i'm not mistaken

but still, the best of Australasia, Asia etc, not exactly as difficult as a world cup with England, The Netherlands, Germany, Italy and whoever playing is it. Congrats to the US, although to be fair to Spain, their players have just played a full season of football in the best, most challenging leagues in the world, so probably were feeling a bit tired. Not trying to take anything away from you guys though, i'm sure Spain were up for it and wanted to win.
We let you guys win.

We all felt bad for the American team and we were like, "Uh . . . why not?"

In all reality, Spain got way too cocky and didn't bother preparing for the game. USA obviously studying Spain's playing tactics. I think that it was interesting to see that Spain had 90% of the shots on goal, but America were the ones who converted two shots into goals.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
i never said that now were hot sh*t and going to win the world cup.
EDIT: i never said we were one of the best in the world either.

I didn't say you were going to?

But, really, you get a result you will probably not get for another couple of years, and post a thread about it?

There's a bit of unnecessary bravado and hysteria there.

Just bring your joy to the football thread.
I agree, one upset means nothing, do it consistantly and I'll be impressed

All the same, great victory, I love seeing big teams getting beat by lesser footballing nations

congrats
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Don_Humpador

But, really, you get a result you will probably not get for another couple of years, and post a thread about it?

You mean the Club Football thread?

Given the trash in the Pit, I have no idea why this thread would bother you. And if we did truly get a result that won't be seen again for several years, I don't see why we shouldn't celebrate and discuss it, you know...NOW.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
See, illegal immigrant from South America do have uses.

WTF?
Quote by tall saint

Yes, he does

Club football thread was aptly named to distinguish from any NFL talk or any other variations off the word football.
Quote by Demon Wolf

Dull? Did you watch the last night of the brazil italy egypt use group?

Good job USA though, gave an entertaining end to their group and managed a few crazy results.
Quote by tall saint

Given the trash in the Pit, I have no idea why this thread would bother you. And if we did truly get a result that won't be seen again for several years, I don't see why we shouldn't celebrate and discuss it, you know...NOW.

Yes, that one!

And yes there are worse threads, but, y'know..
MY BOY CLINT DEMPSEY MATE!

I am a fulham man, so I follow Dempsey. IMO

Dempsey 2 - 0 Spain.

EDIT: This isn't really one of the upsets of all time, I mean USA are not awful they are alright. Watch someone like Andorra. and as someone mentioned noone really cares about the confederation cup. Also this video stresses the number one fifa ranking, which although not completely off the mark isn't always accurate, I mean Russia are 9th in it.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Last edited by soccermom at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by Don_Humpador

right, because its no big deal when a team does something theyve only done once in nearly one hundred years
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Don_Humpador

Correction. 2 good results

Quote by pwnerer
Why didn't they use Iniesta yesterday?

Probably injured is my educated guess
Last edited by duggyrocks at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by Strato-Massacre
right, because its no big deal when a team does something theyve only done once in nearly one hundred years

No, it's because it's about a minority sport in your country, and that your country has little to no significant impact on the wider game in a competition that nobody gives a damn about.
Quote by Don_Humpador
No, it's because it's about a minority sport in your country, and that your country has little to no significant impact on the wider game in a competition that nobody gives a damn about.

so that means im not allowed to talk about it?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
so that means im not allowed to talk about it?

When did I ever say that? Stop making stuff up.

But guess what, this isn't Earth-shattering news.

Club football thread.
Quote by Don_Humpador

Dude, shut the hell up. Take your arrogance somewhere else.

Those of us who actually are USA fans are extremely proud and happy over this one, which as someone stated is a big one for us. Who cares if it has no greater significant impact, or if the USA is not necessarily a big player in the world of national soccer playing; get off your high horse and let us have our happiness that, IMO, has been justly earned at this huge win for a team that is not and has never been a major competitor.

EDIT: For the record, in my Godly-ordained moderating abilities, and my mechanically efficient logic which hath noticed that team USA is not a "Club" football team, I MIGHTILY ACKNOWLEDGE that this can be its own thread and is not necessary to be posted in the Club Football thread.
My God, it's full of stars!
Page 1 of 2