first of all, this is not a troll. felt like clarifying due to the huge number of trolls around here now.

My grandad found me a strat, normally i'm not a strat person, but i think this is a pretty good deal, but im not sure.

From what he said, it was made in the last couple years, and has some sort of dark brown burst on it, he said it looked good and was gently used. it came with a rectangular hard case (dont know if its fender or some other brand case). I think this is a MIM standard, considering he said the seller said it was "$400 new". now he's selling it for $180 with a case.

Now, is $180 good for a MIM strat possibly made in the last 5 or 6 years if it's in good condition? i may can talk him down to around $150 if im lucky,

is it worth looking into?

conordit- i wont be able to actually see this guitar until saturday or so.

conordit 2- This is what i know about the guitar
-was bought from guitar center originally
-was $400 new
-dark brown finish
-made possibly in the last 5 years
-some sort of rectangular hard case
-it's a fender
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Last edited by conor1148 at Jun 25, 2009,
i would say get it.
"The most important thing about music is energy and emotion, not how well you can play. Technique should be a tool to achieve your vision, not the other way around."
-Jeff Tuttle

More guitar, less ultimate-guitar!
its a fakle, run the serial number
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Quote by captaindonut
its a fakle, run the serial number

guitar center sells fakes?

conordit- left that out of the main thread
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

If it's a Fender, and it came originally with a hardcase, then it is an American. Make sure it's not a squire or anything first though.
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
Quote by conor1148
guitar center sells fakes?

conordit- left that out of the main thread

so he is selling it ? he states he got it from guitar center right? b/c people lie dude he may try to steal your organs!
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
if i go look at it, are there any problematic things i need to look for? Anything that would normally go wrong? this guitar has been played in a gospel band, so i assume there hasnt been any "rough-housing" with this guitar like guitar flips and ****

for those who might say it's fake, i got it covered, (co-founder of the ultimate fake guitar thread ftw )
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by captaindonut
so he is selling it ? he states he got it from guitar center right? b/c people lie dude he may try to steal your organs!

the dude's like 70
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Take it to a Guitar Center then and have them run the serial number. If it was bought there then it'll be on file.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
take note of the serial number and check it against fender's database (or something that people do) and if it checks out then buy it and if you don't like it sell it to me