It says no copyrighted music is allowed... yet it gives a catogory for uploading covers? :S So are we allowed to upload our cover of someone's song, just not a file of them doing their own song?
My gear

Les Paul Deluxe
Fender Stu Hamm Urge II (Selling)
Strat
Hudson Electro-Acoustic
Marshall 1923 85th 50W Tube Stack
BLUEROCK BSH2-300G 300 Watt Bass Head (selling)
300 Watt 1 - 15 Bass Cab (selling)

My Band
Copyrighted music refers to original songs by artists. Unless someone could track down Lars Ulrich and get his permission for posting Master of Puppets on their page, it's forbidden. However, covers are allowed because it's not the original song.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Saf1
If you wanna get really anal about it, you can cover songs but you can't sample the originals (I think).

It's not gonna stop anyone though, so don't worry just do what you want
BAD ADVICE.

Tons of users have been banned for uploading copyrighted mp3s.

TS, you can upload a cover of a song.
The rule is: It must be YOU playing it.

Don't upload the original artist's recording or that will get you banned.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
^ yep. if you made the recording, you created the work, so own the copyright, meaning that it's fine to upload. you can't upload files for which you do not own the copyright.
from daylight...
...into darkness
okay thanks guys XD
My gear

Les Paul Deluxe
Strat
Hudson Electro-Acoustic

My Band
Quote by divid3d
^ yep. if you made the recording, you created the work, so own the copyright, meaning that it's fine to upload. you can't upload files for which you do not own the copyright.

Say I were to take the drums instrumental for Master of Puppets, and played Bass, Rhythm, Lead, and vocals on the track. Would I be allowed to upload it since it contains the drums?

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Quote by WyvernOmega
Say I were to take the drums instrumental for Master of Puppets, and played Bass, Rhythm, Lead, and vocals on the track. Would I be allowed to upload it since it contains the drums?
if you bought the "producer's cut" of any album and used some of the tracks, that would be fine, as long as you were playing/singing. Those are sold with the intention of being used as "backing tracks".

But to just take the original commercial version and play along with that, maybe not.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Getr a midi of teh drums off guitar pro or something and upload them to Hamienet.com and it will convert it to a good sounding MP3 and play with that :P
My gear

Les Paul Deluxe
Strat
Hudson Electro-Acoustic

My Band
I pretty sure as far as copyright law is concerned it is only the melody and lyrics that are covered. I think you can use the drums and bass pretty much how you want, hence why sampling is so popular and why you hear the bassline from Billie Jean in soooo many songs.