Boss DD-3
3 11%
Carbon Copy
9 33%
Boss CH-1
0 0%
Voters: 27.
Hey UG,

I'm gonna get a new pedal but i need you to help me,what should i get first.

I play punk,funk and rhythm guitar

Thanks UG
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
wah.

i just like the effect, very useful if your writing songs to give your ideas some zing.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

especially for funk, a wah is vital to get that funky sound. great for rhythm or lead too!
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
If you get a wah, don't get a Crybaby and save up for a better one instead. Trust me.

Out of the lot, it depends what you need the most. If you want simple, warm delay the most, get the Carbon Copy. For more The Edge digital delay, get the DD-3. If you like chorus the most, get the chorus (but I'd suggest a different one).

Honestly, it all depends on what you want the most.
Yeah, get the wah. It'll be more useful for you than the other ones for now.
Wah

and got a Vox instead of a regular crybaby
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Fairly unanimous here.

Go for the Crybaby! More fun than a chain smoking monkey.

EDIT: The Carbon Copy is amazing too, but still Wah first.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
^ the big bad wah is immense, but expensive.

the Reissue one, forgot the name?, it pretty good too.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Morelys are more expensive than your standard Crybaby or Vox, but they're much better.
Quote by michal23
Morelys are more expensive than your standard Crybaby or Vox, but they're much better.

i agree, i love Morley wah's especially the tremonti one.
but i prefer the Vox over a regular crybaby.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
iv heard that a morley wouldn't be good for me because it won't give me a vintage tone
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by michal23
If you get a wah, don't get a Crybaby and save up for a better one instead. Trust me.

Out of the lot, it depends what you need the most. If you want simple, warm delay the most, get the Carbon Copy. For more The Edge digital delay, get the DD-3. If you like chorus the most, get the chorus (but I'd suggest a different one).

Honestly, it all depends on what you want the most.
+1
Crybaby Wah is pretty meh.

If you are going to get them all anyway, I'd buy the wah (a Morley, Vox or something like that) or the delay (Boss DD-1/3 or a Carl Martin Red Repeat) for a start. To use them to their fullest extent takes time. The more time becoming accustomed to them the better.
I think wah is SO overrated. It's overused, and once you buy it, you never use it (I know). I'd take the DD-3 over a wah, I'd use it more.

But that's just me. Tons of people love wah...some maybe a little too much *cough Hammett cough.*

Yeah.
Quote by Silver-spear94
wah.

i just like the effect, very useful if your writing songs to give your ideas some zing.

+1 Billion

You will need it to play funk
Morley Wah's involve a lot more moving around though (or the one's I've seen) I hate the whole press a button and then move your foot over to the pedal itself. I much prefered my crybaby when I tried it.

EDIT: but more on topic, get the wah if you're playing funk mostly. If you're playing more rhythm guitar and punk get the chorus, I find it adds a really nice effect to all the rhythm sections.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Last edited by SimplyBen at Jun 25, 2009,
I voted the Carbon Copy because:

1) I'm of the opinion that it's the only decent pedal on there. The DD-3 comes close but I give the MXR the edge because of it's organic sound. If you need far more flexibility, go for the DD-3 by all means.

2) The Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 is perhaps the worst wah on the market. You would have to do some modding to make it sound nice.

3) I can think of at least 8 chorus pedals in only a marginally higher price range that make the Boss look like a cheap toy.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.