ya of course. It wont feel the same, but you can add all that stuff to it.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Quote by utmbarto
ya of course. It wont feel the same, but you can add all that stuff to it.

What do you mean it won't feel the same?
Quote by SecretAgentS
What do you mean it won't feel the same?

Some squiers (like the bullet and the affinity) have smaller bodies than regular fender strats. They are also sometimes made of different wood and a much lower quality tremolo unit.
Quote by darkcheef
Some squiers (like the bullet and the affinity) have smaller bodies than regular fender strats. They are also sometimes made of different wood and a much lower quality tremolo unit.

So it won't fit at all?
Quote by SecretAgentS
So it won't fit at all?

The pickguard will fit if it is a 11 hole. It is that the thickness of the body is much smaller on a bullet or a affinity than regular strats.
It will usually fit. Do you have a picture of the Squier in quesiton?
My teacher did it, plays better than a new american deluxe.

He replaced the tremolo, redressed the frets, treated the fretboard, replaced the pickups, and re-did the paint on the body.
Yeah, you should be fine. The pickguard may have a small bump around the edge somewhere if the holes are off by a little, but it´s nothing anyone would really notice and doesn´t affect your playing or hurt the guitar.
Quote by manhangi
My teacher did it, plays better than a new american deluxe.

He replaced the tremolo, redressed the frets, treated the fretboard, replaced the pickups, and re-did the paint on the body.

I was actually planning on doing that, since the next guitar I will get will probably be around $1000, so I may as well make my current one nice. My trem bar actually broke off, and a piece is still in the bridge. Until I get that out and replaced, should it be doing any damage to the guitar?
Quote by SecretAgentS
I was actually planning on doing that, since the next guitar I will get will probably be around $1000, so I may as well make my current one nice. My trem bar actually broke off, and a piece is still in the bridge. Until I get that out and replaced, should it be doing any damage to the guitar?

You would be better off looking at craigslist for a deluxe strat. They sell for around $750 used now.
Quote by darkcheef
You would be better off looking at craigslist for a deluxe strat. They sell for around $750 used now.

You mean instead of getting a $1000 guitar? Or instead of tidying up my Squier?
Quote by SecretAgentS
You mean instead of getting a $1000 guitar? Or instead of tidying up my Squier?

Yeah a american deluxe strat used in the long run will be much better than a squier affinity upgraded.
Quote by darkcheef
Yeah a american deluxe strat used in the long run will be much better than a squier affinity upgraded.

It's not like I can afford a deluxe strat within the next few years, as I am only 13. Upgrading the squier minimally will be cheap, and I really just want my guitar to look better. I am also trying to get enough money for a peavey classic 30, so no time for a new guitar.
I idea that a Squier will match up to an MIA Strat with a few basic upgrades is a joke. The woods and core construction can't be made any better and will always be holding it back, no matter what other crap you stick in it.

Do yourself a favour, save yourself some time, effort and money, get one of the better Mexican Fenders instead.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by SecretAgentS
It's not like I can afford a deluxe strat within the next few years, as I am only 13. Upgrading the squier minimally will be cheap, and I really just want my guitar to look better. I am also trying to get enough money for a peavey classic 30, so no time for a new guitar.

Well if your saving up you should only put necessary things in your guitar, a pickguard is not one of them unless if your old one is cracked open.
He doesn´t mean can he upgrade it to be like a US Strat. He´s asking if the same parts on an MIA will fit on a Squier... that´s all...
Quote by Vlasco
He doesn´t mean can he upgrade it to be like a US Strat. He´s asking if the same parts on an MIA will fit on a Squier... that´s all...

Quote by SecretAgentS

Just telling him when he gets the $1,000 where to put it.
Quote by darkcheef
Just telling him when he gets the $1,000 where to put it.

Sorry to bump an old topic, but it's not like I'm gonna throw $1000 into the Squier.