So, I'm getting an Egnater Rebel 20 soon.
The halfstack version is pretty cheap, and it comes with a matching 1X12 cab, but I'm also looking at an Avatar 2X12 cab........
Egnater says the Rebel 20 cabs are specially voiced for the head. Is this some crap they're putting out so people will buy the cab too, or is this actually true? It would cost me quite a bit more to go for the Avatar ($150) but I don't want to do it if the Egnater cabs are good as well because I'm on a tight budget.
Ideas?
Suggestions???

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Egnater cabs are great. Easily on par with Avatar ones.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Thanks Doodleface
So I should go for the Egnater???
Any other suggestions???

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
get the head and buy the avatar

you wont be disappointed
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by MetalHead916
Check GNRJungle clips

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1149875

I believe he has the rebel 20 and the thread is about his new avatar cab. Tone sounds sweet

Haha, thank you MetalHead!

Definitely an Avatar 2x12, it helps my tone SO much, clears it up in so many ways and adds some bass too. I was looking to get rid of my Egnater head because I wasn't happy with it, but now that I have the Avatar 2x12, I've changed my mind. It improves the tone by A TON!

Definitely worth the extra money!

Edit: Keep in mind I was using an Epi VJ 1x12 cab before, but when I tried the Egnater cab it was too muffled and bassy, but also had pretty harsh top end. I didn't like the Egnater cab at all.
Last edited by GNRjungle87 at Jun 25, 2009,
I think being able to choose the speaker(s) yourself make avatar the better option in my book.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
hmmm... my problem is that its $150 more than the Rebel cab. I'd have to save a bit more.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
^You could always build your own cab.

Or depending on the build quality of the Egnater cab you could buy it and switch the speaker out for around $100, but if you're already gonna be spending the extra cash you might as well get the Avatar...
I say mod your MG to use as a cab until you can get the avatar. But that's easy for me to say now isn't it lol.
Why not an Avatar 1x12 cab? It's the same price as the Egnater cab (plus shipping, like $30) and you get to choose your speaker. I got the Vintage model which has the wheat grill with black trim - matches the Rebel head nicely.