iPod owners, I need you to help me make a decision.

Should I get 8GB Ipod touch, 120GB Ipod Classic or 16GB Ipod nano, I'm completley not sure to get, and each one appelas to me in a different way.

Which one would you get?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I agree with the classic. If your gonna get a touch you might as well just get an iphone. Then the nano is simply just not enough space. The classic all the way
well, how much music do you have...

that should narrow it down a lot.. you don't need the 120 Gig one if you only have 10 gigs of music..

also, is the flashyness of the touch nice to you? you'll sacrifice space tho
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Classic is really all you need. The basic, 80GB is the one that's just a good deal. All the other ones are gimmicky.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
One thing is for sure...the nano doesn't even need to be in this thread!
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
Get the itouch, no doubt, but do not get the 8GB it doesn't hold enough and the battery life isn't to good, but the 32GB is awesome. The 2nd generation iTouch is real easy to use and the wifi is good, i'm actually typing this from my itouch.
The 8GB on the Touch is actually 7GB, due to the base software. If you have any decent music library, you won't be able to hold all of it, as 7GB will be gone in about 1400 songs, even if they're all in 120kbps format.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jun 25, 2009,
Depends on the size of your library, but i'd probably go for the classic, cuz then you can put videos =]

also, i think theres a 30Gb classic, which would probably be better.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Quote by Pat_s1t
The 8GB on the Touch is actually 7GB, due to the base software. If you have any decent music library, you won't be able to hold all of it, as 7GB will be gone in about 1400 songs, even if they're all in 120kbps format.

Since when did "decent" become synonymous with "big"?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Since when did "decent" become synonymous with "big"?

Decent meaning decent sized.

My opinion.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
i got a touch for xmas. if you want to watch movies and stupid stuff like that and surf wifi hotspots. go touch. if you want to carry your massively awesome music library of jonas brothers ,hannah montanah etc then go for the classic, it depends what you want to do dude.
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Depends on what you need. If you have lots of music, you definitely would not be able to fit it in 8gb. If you want the 3.5 inch touchscreen and games/apps, go for the Ipod Touch.
Quote by RG5EX1
Decent meaning decent sized.

My opinion.

Fair enough.

But a decent music library doesn't have to be big at all. Quality is not quantity.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Fair enough.

But a decent music library doesn't have to be big at all. Quality is not quantity.

Dream Theater is quality AND quantity.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
It depends, if you want something easy to carry around, take the Nano.
If you don't mind having to carry around a big iPod in your pocket, take the classic.
If you've got money to burn and want nice visuals, take the touch.

I like the nano the most, though.
DeVillains!
The touch is the best choice, although if you need the space, there is no substitute to the 120 zune.
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
the only problem with the 120 is that it uses an actual HDD, which is beginning to become obsolete for most PMPs since it uses more power and it isn't as durable as flash memory.
Sent from my iPad.
The three devices you posted are COMPLETELY different. If you have literally no idea what you want, how are we supposed to know?

Do you need a lot of space? If so, then the classic is the obvious choice. If you don't need that much space then I would get the nano. This is just me, but if I couldn't afford to get the 32 gig iPod Touch or wait and get the 64 gig iPod touch that will come out in a few months... I wouldn't be buying an iPod Touch.
I recomend the 32gb ipod touch, even though it's expensive the features are awesome . Though the classic is good with 120gb but doesn't include better features.
rock on
Get the touch for sure.

I went fro a 32 gig video to a 8gig touch this past christmas and I have to say it was the best trade off ever. The touch comes with internet capabilities, apps, and, if jailbroken, offers full customization in pretty much every aspect. I can't think of any reason why you'd need 120gigs worth of music at one time anyway...
Quote by happytimeharry
I think the touch is a waste. Get a Classic. I got a 120 and I've never been happier.

This

you could use it as a portable harddrive.
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux