So I wanna start thinking ahead about college. Any good colleges that have art and music and I can major in Music Business?
The first initiative towards going to college is to research colleges for yourself.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
well here in NY, i go to SUNY Oneonta. I'm majoring in the Music Industry program. They teach you all of the business stuff as well as the creative side of things. You can minor in audio engineering as well.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Xiaoxi
The first initiative towards going to college is to research colleges for yourself.

Epic First post
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Yea, i was thinking of doing that path myself. Check out

University of Miami
Syracuse University
University of Memphis

All have this program. But they will be the first to let you know chances are you will not have a paying job for the first 1-2 years out of college. So unless this is a huge passion for you id look into something else.

I decided that in order to properly feed my GAS i would need a good job so i am majoring in marketing and business administration. In which i plan on starting some kind of music related company (store/label/management)
Two sites that really helped me for finding a college/scholarships were zinch.com and collegeboard.com. You type in all of the information about what kind of college you want, and they provide you with a list of places you might be interested in.
I love college.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by Chaosinborn
Yea, i was thinking of doing that path myself. Check out

University of Miami
Syracuse University
University of Memphis

All have this program. But they will be the first to let you know chances are you will not have a paying job for the first 1-2 years out of college. So unless this is a huge passion for you id look into something else.

I decided that in order to properly feed my GAS i would need a good job so i am majoring in marketing and business administration. In which i plan on starting some kind of music related company (store/label/management)

+1 srsly what he said.

imo, unless you plan to teach music (not high school...) or work in law (masters either way i figure) I wouldn't bother...IF IT WERE UP TO ME!!!

we don't need another starving artist. Get into a different major, and leave music strictly as a hobby...well not so much a hobby, just something that takes up your time while you're off the clock :P

thats just my opinion though. I'd much rather major into something that I'll be making a stable career out of as soon as I graduate and pull in a decent income, and being able to leave music as my hobby, instead of "work".

I went through the same decision. I'm sorta happy I chose that route. Plus I couldn't imagine working in as a sound engi, and I haven't really heard of any studios pleading for engineers etc etc (at least in my area) for some time now.

But really it's all up to you. Just look into the colleges in your area, and frown a bit on out of state colleges, as the tuition will be much higher in that case.

EDIT: And quite honestly I don't know what the job market is like with a business degree, but I'd strongly suggest something else....I cannot COUNT how many graduated last year with business degrees at my uni... now whether any or all of them got jobs? probably, but not with excellent pay. not to mention if they wanted to get a masters in something else, say economics, they. are. just. not. prepared. FOR IT, the maths are just too difficult they basically have to bend over backwards and be able to toss their salad, or be very good at math to begin with. even that doesn't help much. They just didn't take the other maths that are not technically a prerequisite of the maths for a masters in economics, but they sure as hell would've helped.

just an example :P
Last edited by Night at Jun 25, 2009,
unless my post didn't stress it enough, maybe it's too far ahead to look at, but not so imo lawl
look into the graduate school programs as well for w/e major you're going for.

for example a GIS major --> masters in city planning/urban planning

If you're really looking into going for a major in music, than I strongly suggest looking into w/e graduate programs they're may be. I'd much rather be the guy managing engineers on what they do, than to be ****ing with it myself.

god... I sound like such as ass.

oh right thats it! cause I am!
Last edited by Night at Jun 25, 2009,