Hey, so I'm looking for a new fuzz pedal with a few specifics. I want one that has some transparency to it so I can keep some of the clarity and attack form my guitar/amp. Something I can go from a light blues fuzz to a Hendrix-ish tone. I like my USA Big Muff but I feel its too "heavy" sounding. Not sure if a blues driver would be best for me or something like a Fuzz Face.

Budget: $200 USD (can stretch though)

Genres: Blues, Rock (no metal really)

I need to keep my amp (Fender Blues Jr.) clean and I use my TS-9 for all my distortion.

Any other info just let me know.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
In my sig is a link to some pedals I build. they're great on a BJr and are made to do classic rock and blues.

Also Check out Faisal's germanium pedals.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Double muff-great fuzz
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Last edited by ChiliFan01 at Jun 25, 2009,
analogman sun face or a fulltone soul bender but those aren't made anymore
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

Last edited by kingbabyduck at Jun 25, 2009,
I'd go with a fuzz face, beyond that, there are too many different variations to really help. I've got one of Bostonrocks' fuzzes and it's nice, you might like a germanium fuzz face, or different controls, it's hard to rec. a fuzz because it's really personal preference
+1 to the Analogman fuzz face. The other guitarist I play with in a worship band uses one, and it absolutely nails Jimi-style fuzz tone. In fact you can stretch it into a very Jack White-style tone.

That's what I would go with if I was after Jimi fuzz tone.
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue