I'm trying to do trills justnow. I can kind of do them, but slower than I want them to sound. I've thought about doing it by tapping at the same time, so it goes like, twice as fast... although it's the sound I want, I can't fit it into normal playing cos you have to move your right hand from normal playing position up the neck.

I was thinking, it might just take sheer practice. On the other hand, it took me about 2 years to learn how to pulloff (... ), one of the reasons was I didn't know you had to move your finger kind of "down and off" the string, I was just lifting it off and wondering why it'd suddenly die on me.
I would just keep practicing... and lol about the pulloff thing...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
maybe you could try pick tapping. Tap with the side of your pick instead of your finger-you can make it sound really fast that way
Quote by Jacek.W
maybe you could try pick tapping. Tap with the side of your pick instead of your finger-you can make it sound really fast that way

ah yes, but speed isn't the problem with the tapping- it's moving my right hand into position. I normally play near the bridge, and the notes i want to trill are like, above the 12th fret.
Quote by jimRH7
ah yes, but speed isn't the problem with the tapping- it's moving my right hand into position. I normally play near the bridge, and the notes i want to trill are like, above the 12th fret.

Well the higher up the fretboard your notes are, the easier it is to bring your right hand into position (e.g. its easier to tap at the 13th fret than at the 5th). It just takes a bit of getting used to but its not to difficult, just practice it every day.
Just dont practice trills too much or youll give yourself RSI's. If you hands tingling or if you feel pain stop.
Quote by Jacek.W
Well the higher up the fretboard your notes are, the easier it is to bring your right hand into position (e.g. its easier to tap at the 13th fret than at the 5th). It just takes a bit of getting used to but its not to difficult, just practice it every day.
Just dont practice trills too much or youll give yourself RSI's. If you hands tingling or if you feel pain stop.

aye,naw, sorry that's what I meant. 5th fret, 7th fret etc.
Quote by jimRH7
aye,naw, sorry that's what I meant. 5th fret, 7th fret etc.

you could try playing the note on a different string e.g the 7th fret on the e string is B. the 12th fret on the b string is also B. you could even play the same not on the g string on the 16th fret.
it can sound a bit different but it will work+ youll know your fretboard better.
work at it slowly. stop. try as fast as you can until you fail. stop. go back slowly, but a bit faster than before. repeat on and on adn over time it will be better
Try adding more delay.