Page 1 of 2
So, next week the summer vacation begins. As usual, wednesday, the last day at school, the majority of pupils of the higher classes will be drunk.
Normally, about 100 students or so gather near my school by a lake at tuesday and party throughout the night till school begins.
This time, a few trainee teachers will take part to.( everything is unofficial, some cops will be in that area too, but they'll get laughed at and usually dont dare to do anything)

That enough story for now. So, what do you think, should teachers be allowed to party with students? Should every contact with students after school be prohbited?

Discuss.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by thorbor at Jun 25, 2009,
I predict a lot of drunken attempts to hit on the female trainee teachers.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
that already happened a few weeks ago, some people met their trainee teacher really drunk in a club.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
There's no harm. Hell my teacher invited our class to her wedding. All in all, they're still people who will just want to have a good time. Teachers hate the "you guys are different from us" mentality that kids put out. It's cool to have teachers there. No school rules when there's no school.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Pics.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
I think it should be the teachers choice. They should know the consequences (and benefits, if they exist).

I think it would be awesome, but I also think that the teachers would be undermining their own authority by partying with students.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
well, some teachers have no authority to lose, if you understand
I dont know what its like in America, but here at my school, we can pretty much do anything we want without having to face serious consequenses.

Btw the school we're talking about is an Gymnasium, thats the "highest" school in our school system.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I partied with my Auto shop teacher at NIN.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
TBH if there is underage drinking then the teachers shouldn't be there. They are expected to uphold a measure of professionalism around their students, even if it is outside of school.

On the subject though, I saw one of my high school teachers at the bar last week. Lucky for her she is female, because I hated her so much and would have probably punched her in the face had she been a male teacher.
If they're cool enough to go to an unofficial party, there cool enough to be with you guys.

Are they hot?

Are they women? and if so, are they hot? and if thats so, pics will be required, else you will fail. Epically

EDIT:

What daytripper said
Been away, am back
Quote by thorbor
So, next week the summer vacation begins. As usual, wednesday, the last day at school, the majority of pupils of the higher classes will be drunk.
Normally, about 100 students or so gather near my school by a lake at tuesday and party throughout the night till school begins.
This time, a few trainee teachers will take part to.( everything is unofficial, some cops will be in that area too, but they'll get laughed und usually dont dare to do anything)

That enough story for now. So, what do you think, should teachers be allowed to party with students? Should every contact with students after school be prohbited?

Discuss.

What?
Quote by bendystraw
What?

Ah sorry, kinda mixed up english and german.

well usually theres a police car nearby, watching us. They cant do anything so everybody laughs at them.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I went on a rugby trip to England/Wales with my teachers and we partied haha.

We also went to North Carolina and our teacher was coaching us from a balcony on the bar while drinking hahaha.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by thorbor
Ah sorry, kinda mixed up english and german.

well usually theres a police car nearby, watching us. They cant do anything so everybody laughs at them.

Oh, all right. you're lucky, larger parties get busted all the time around here.
I'm a trainee-teacher, and heck, I go out where ever I want.
If you have a better relationship with some students, who cares? As long as it doesn't influence me being neutral during correction...

Gave some lessons to a kid who lives next door, and he got a 19/20
Although half the class failed the test
When my school was out a load of people planned on getting wasted on the school field, the police were notified, so they moved it to...about 20 metres behind the school field.

I can assure you, it won't end well, police aren't easily just laughed at when there's a gathering of drunk people, school kids even moreso.

On the trainee teachers, I'd be fine with trainee teachers hangin' out with me, I'd be fine with regular teachers, it's not like they're any different to other people.
A couple of the younger teachers used to regularly drink with us. We had a religion teacher in our final year there who was new and a really really cool guy. We used to go back to his house after nights out to watch films and smoke weed. Pretty cool guy. He was only at the school for a year to fill in for a pregnant teacher who took a year out so he didn't particularly care about his reputation.
Some of the other young teachers used to come out too, especially the Woodwork and Metalwork teachers. Once or twice we met the vice principal in the pub but he usually left if he saw us

Quote by Punk_Ninja
When my school was out a load of people planned on getting wasted on the school field, the police were notified, so they moved it to...about 20 metres behind the school field.

I can assure you, it won't end well, police aren't easily just laughed at when there's a gathering of drunk people, school kids even moreso.

Police came to a house party I was at last year in town for a friend's birthday. Pretty much our entire year (over 100 people) were at it and a local kid DJd. The Cops pulled up and all the underage people hid while we just told them we'd turn off the music. As they left the Dj played "**** da police" very loudly. Nothing was said.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by thorbor
Should every contact with students after school be prohbited?
Of course not. Just inappropriate ones.

Quote by daytripper75
TBH if there is underage drinking then the teachers shouldn't be there. They are expected to uphold a measure of professionalism around their students, even if it is outside of school.

On the subject though, I saw one of my high school teachers at the bar last week. Lucky for her she is female, because I hated her so much and would have probably punched her in the face had she been a male teacher.
Agreed to part one, lol to part two.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Teachers should be trusted to know right from wrong. My English teacher wanted to being me to a wrestling show in Toronto this summer, but if he would get caught he would be fired. It's ****ing ridiculous at times. I'm going to watch wrestling with the guy, not **** him, so who cares.

My opinion.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Maybe they can teach you how to loosen up, TS. Teachers are people too.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by iantheman
I predict a lot of drunken attempts to hit on the female trainee teachers.

this.. and I also expect a lot of failed drunken attempts to get with female trainee teachers

and I don't think there's anything wrong with it because a) Their only young trainee teachers b) you'll never see them again and c) you'll all be drunk so it will be good!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by diminishedtobme
My physics teacher was banned from playing with students on Xbox live, lol.

That's quite ridiculous.
P.L.U.R.

We were fated to pretend
A girl in my philosophy class was with a teacher and still is although he now doesn't work there. Everyone who knew the pair of them does not care, only everyone else. Kinda says something.

I think it's fine, if they're younger and all that.
I don't see anything wrong with it really, but if it effects their job or someone finds out about it, the teacher is likely screwed.

In high school a couple of guys and I smoked weed with a teacher. Lets call this teacher Miss McBigtitties, anyways, we smoked some weed, had some good convorsations, agreed not to tell anyone, and after a while I left. Some of the other guys stayed. Then ofcource the next day I found out one of the guys ****ed Miss McBigtitties and told everyone, which got her fired, and him expelled.
We've got our leavers doo tomorrow and I think we're planning to have a few pints with a couple of really decent teachers. I see no problem with it. Our old physics teacher was seen by one of her students as she was dancing on a bar in a night club. Naturally the student went and joined in!
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by punkrocker10115
That's quite ridiculous.

My 7th grade science teacher played Halo 2 with my friend once. She's apparently real good at it.
We use to play Xbox 360 on the projectors in science class with the teacher.

That being said my science teacher was kick ass and had big gauges and tattoos all over the place.
P.L.U.R.

We were fated to pretend
I was walking to my mates party, and it was the last day of the GCSE's, and me and my mate walked past a history techer from out school with a 16 crate of lager.
he said nothing.
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
i know several kids that get high with one of my highschool teachers.
and another teacher that buys kids alcohol.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
That's crazy. The High School I went to (while not overly strict) would never allow something like that.

I would go, though. Sounds like fun and everybody will be pretty open so you might make some new friends.
Page 1 of 2