well i was just wondering if you a/b two amps of different wattages, say the rocker 30 and the blues junior, and had them both miced up at a gig, would the rocker 30 sound louder through the PA?
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
With the volume at the same position? Yes.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
you could get the volumes level,,, but sure you would have to have on at say at 11 o clock and the other at 1 o clock
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Nope. Unless you had it cranked way louder. If you A/B them and set them at roughly the same volumes, the PA will be able to to raise or lower which amp needed to be louder at any given moment in the mix.

EDIT: By volume I meant how loud it sounded. Not by putting them both on 6, in which case the Rocker 30 would blow the other one out of the water.
Last edited by stratguy335 at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by stevenpollock
With the volume at the same position? Yes.

Not necessarily...

An AC30 could be louder than a Rocker 30 at the same volume. Just because they're the same wattage doesn't mean they are the exact same volume. It varies with different amps.

But TS, you can compensate for that by setting the volumes to be the same on both amps.
oh ok thanks lol
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by GNRjungle87
Not necessarily...

An AC30 could be louder than a Rocker 30 at the same volume. Just because they're the same wattage doesn't mean they are the exact same volume. It varies with different amps.

But TS, you can compensate for that by setting the volumes to be the same on both amps.

But we're talking about the Blues Jr.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Just match the volumes of both amps before micing them, it's not rocket science.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.