Is the guitar detuned for this song, or did Kurt play it in standard EADGBe?

And if it is detuned, by how much?

Late Edit:

I'm using the Nevermind recording as that's the album I have.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at Jun 25, 2009,
Half step down
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
Quote by Outside Octaves
Is the guitar detuned for this song, or did Kurt play it in standard EADGBe?

And if it is detuned, by how much?

Tabs and playing along with it indicate it should be standard (I think, I don't care much for Nirvana).
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
It was standard, i play it in Eb and it sounds wrong, actually a lot of their songs were in standard but they mightve put it in Eb for Unplugged because it was easier than retuning their guitars every song.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
I play it in standard, it sounds fine that way. I'm not sure how Kurt played it on Nevermind but you could probably google it and find out.
yeah when i play it live i play in Eb,just like kurt did, sounds excellent
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Well, I'm talking Nevermind's version here. So it sounds like everyone is saying mostly that it's in standard on the Nevermind version? As that's the version I have to listen to. And I myself can't make out which one is right, cause both tunings sound too similar to me to tell the difference atm. Add into this that the timber of the guitar that was used on nevermind's recording is quite dark and warm to begin with, so that doesn't help when trying to compare it to one played on a mid-range priced electric guitar with stock humbuckers on a V-ampire amp model... Or even when just comparing the Nevermind recording to Guitar Pro 5's RSE version....

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Its in standard.
You couldnt tell by the way it sounds?

For the future, Play along with the song in Standard then Eb.
You'll figure out your answer that way.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Last edited by Little_Buster at Jun 25, 2009,
I did play both tunings via guitar pro against playing the track off of the cd at the same time

they both fit to my ears, due to the whole "dark sounding" guitar thing, but I still need to train em on that sorta thing.

But thanks.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by Outside Octaves
I did play both tunings via guitar pro against playing the track off of the cd at the same time

they both fit to my ears, due to the whole "dark sounding" guitar thing, but I still need to train em on that sorta thing.

But thanks.

Sounds to me like your ears need a LOT of work; playing something against a track half a step out should have sounded like ass and then some...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.