I searchbar'd and googled, and I couldn't find anything. I would ask this in my build thread, but I'll probably get better answers here. I have a Squier Strat, I took out the trem bridge and I'm in the process of replacing it with a TOM bridge. I was going to recess the bridge, but I would rather avoid if I could, just because I'm not completely confident it'll turn out good. Basically I need someone to tell me how to calculate the neck angle I'd need and then how to do it (tools I need, etc...). Thanks.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Recessing the bridge is going to be the easiest method. It can get tricky trying to angle that pocket, or the neck heel.
Quote by deftonesordie
you can shim it, but I'd recommend routing for the bridge.

Specifically how though?
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

stick something (preferably something that'll hold it's shape) under the neck in the pocket closer to the pickups (rather than the headstock). problem with this is that there'll be a lot less body-to-neck contact, creating the possibility of tone deterioration.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
stick something (preferably something that'll hold it's shape) under the neck in the pocket closer to the pickups (rather than the headstock). problem with this is that there'll be a lot less body-to-neck contact, creating the possibility of tone deterioration.

What about the routing method?
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

you need to rout a slot that your bridge will sit in, so you can set it lower than the surface of the guitar body.

S'not that hard, man.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
you need to rout a slot that your bridge will sit in, so you can set it lower than the surface of the guitar body.

S'not that hard, man.

Ohhhh, I though you said there was a method for changing the neck angle with a router, my mistake. Meh, I thought changing the neck angle would be easier, I guess I'll recess the bridge then. Thanks for the help.