So I was trying to record my self playing Back In Black by AC/DC, but it was always a little off time b/c I can't press play and record at the same time. Any suggestions???
Have a metronome put on silent or something?
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
add a few seconds of silence to the start of the backing track to give yourself a chance to prepare to play.
Get a backing track with a count in at the beginning. If that's not possible... Dosen't the riff in the begining of back in black repeat? if it does, miss it the first time around, then paste it in. it's not ideal, but if done well, it ought to work.

EDIT - better idea!

miss the power chords, and then start playing at the little pentatonic lick.
then you can paste the powerchords in nicely at the beginning. that would work well because of the pause between the A5 chord and the next lick. that's probably not explained very well, but if you don't get it. feel free to upload the BT and your guitar track, and i'll try to edit it in for you, if you want.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Jun 25, 2009,
Any backing track worth its salt should have a count-in and some kind of count going, a foot hi-hat usually works well, to keep time whenever the drums aren't playing. Otherwise it really isn't a backing track.