I thought I came up with a good lick, but when I play it it sounds really familiar. On the high E string, it's like |---t17p16p13p12---| repeated a few times. I'm pretty sure it's part of a solo on a Metallica song, but I can't remember what song it is. Any guesses?

Originally Posted by Wee-Ooh
You can't quote yourself.
That could be any Metallica solo, but I'm just gonna go ahead and guess One.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
What the hell? How can you report me for asking a question? If you don't want to help, don't post in my thread, moron.

It's not the solo from One...I think it's from one of there newer albums. It's killing me...

Dont make a stupid thread. Every solo sounds like every solo if you play it slow or fast enough. How on earth are we ever going to determine what song those 4 notes you played in an extremely generic pattern are from?
Just play it and listen to how it sounds! It clearly goes fast, or you wouldn't have to use tapping! If you don't feel like playing it, than don't post in my thread! If you don't know what it sounds like when you do play it, don't post in my thread! It reminded me of a song when I played it, so I thought it might remind someone else of the same song when they played it, and they could tell me what it is. If you think it's stupid, then fine, let it die rather than bumping it by just coming in here to flame me.

Quote by Wee-Ooh
Just play it and listen to how it sounds! It clearly goes fast, or you wouldn't have to use tapping! If you don't feel like playing it, than don't post in my thread! If you don't know what it sounds like when you do play it, don't post in my thread! It reminded me of a song when I played it, so I thought it might remind someone else of the same song when they played it, and they could tell me what it is. If you think it's stupid, then fine, let it die rather than bumping it by just coming in here to flame me.

What if we DO know the song but just don't wanna tell you?
You'd like that, wouldn't you. Get out of my thread.

Insideac, I think he's trying to seduce you.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by The Kreator
What if we DO know the song but just don't wanna tell you?

Well...I don't know...I guess you you can post in my thread in that case.

Overrated.

Manowar's "You Bloody Idiot, Delete This Thread, We Even Gave You Instructions How To Do It, You Stupid Man Made Of Metal" is better.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Haha, you guys fail at welcoming new members. Ah, well. Fail thread is fail. See you guys later.

Quote by dead-fish
Overrated.

Manowar's "You Bloody Idiot, Delete This Thread, We Even Gave You Instructions How To Do It, You Stupid Man Made Of Metal" is better.

For some reason, I always thought Nile wrote that song...
Quote by Wee-Ooh
Haha, you guys fail at welcoming new members. Ah, well. Fail thread is fail. See you guys later.

July 2008 is not "New Members".
Last edited by insideac at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by Wee-Ooh
I thought I came up with a good lick, but when I play it it sounds really familiar. On the high E string, it's like |---t17p16p13p12---| repeated a few times. I'm pretty sure it's part of a solo on a Metallica song, but I can't remember what song it is. Any guesses?

lol... a simple 4 note repeated lick is not a solo... im sure that pattern has been used many times, in many solos.
Quote by The Kreator
For some reason, I always thought Nile wrote that song...

Nope, you're thinking of Papyrus Containing the Spell to Preserve Its Possessor Against Attacks from Those Who Would Attempt to Persuade Him to Close His Aweful Thread
Quote by Wee-Ooh

omg you stole that lick from me! I wrote it!
Penis.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!