well with the vintage being made of mahogany with a maple top, if you put gibson hardware, would the vintage sound the same as the gibson?

thanks
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
no it would not gibson use higher grade woods than vintage and since the wood effects the sound you get you would not get the same sound as a gibson
they sound pretty good anyway. the stock ones with the worn finish play really well - better than the equivalent ones actually which i was surprised at. didn't think thered be any difference.

the hardware wont make a huge amount of difference to the sound as such, and im not convinced that it would fit, a lot of the copies have different measurements. quick pickup change would be all you really need though - tuner change and a nut change too would be useful.
Your hardware won't affect your tone that much. You can mod it up, but the Vintage probably won't ever sound quite as good as a Gibson. I recommend new pickups, possibly Gibson pickups. I think the best option would be to save up for a new guitar though. What kind of amp are you playing out of?
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
the only thing Gibson hardware wopuld do would be to increase the tuning stability. But the Wilkinson brand stuff that comes on it is alright and though Gibson hardware is good it is very high price.

If you can justify it then go for it, i know one person who put a Gibson TOM and tailpiece on a Vintage and it worked but his is quite old so im not sure if their build has changed since early 90s

Good Luck Bud
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Oh no! Not Gibson muck. Schaller is far better hardware for the likes of bridge and tailstop. What I've heard of V100's they sound PDG anyway. Wilkinson pups are very nice, as are the tuners. Gibsons vary a bit in tone from guitar to guitar as all brands do. Much more of the tone comes from the amp and pedals anyway, so there is quite an overlap in the ranges of Real ones and Vintage 1/10 the price ones. A much bigger difference is in the finish you can expect. A Vintage won't feel like a good Gibson Les Paul, but I understand its likely to be a lot closer than most Epiphones.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

yeah if i got one i was probably just going to put a set of swinesheads, grovers and a graphtech nut
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
lol are they good then? for the money of course
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
yeah i thought so, the hardware looks decent, and its mahogany and set neck, you cant really go wrong with that for £200
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
i played the peter green relic one and it played damnnn good
sounded ecent too not mmuddy at all like epis
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
If you have the money for upgrades, skip the V100 entirely and go to the Vintage Advance series. Higher grade wood and better core construction (two things you can never upgrade), plus better stock hardware and electronics plus it's got a small thumb cutaway for better upper fret access.

The Vintage Advance LP copy will cost less than and be better than a V100 + upgrades.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
But would a vintage, with some pup upgrades be better than epiphone?
I'm thinking f buying one too, or maybe the SG from vintage. Or would it be better to take a g400 and upgrade that to gibson pups?