Including what notes in brackets mean, and such? the one I have is very basic and doesn't explain how the hammer ons work or pull offs etc.

Thanks in advance
Accidents waiting to happen
4h5 = play the 4th fret and hammer onto the 5th
5p4 = play the 5th fret pull off to the 4th
4/7 = play 4th, slide up to 7
7\4 = play 7th, slide down to 4
4h5p4 = play 4, tap the 5th fret, pull off to 4. pick only the first fret

anything else?
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
brackets either mean ghost note which means that you play it quietly or it is optional.
hi what does it mean if theres an s e.g. 0s-3
it doesn't mention it on the key at the bottom of the tab i saw it on
Yes, notes in parentheses mean ghost notes, like ampoverload said. Here's an example:
  Q  Q  Q.    E    Q  Q  H
|------------(7)-|------------|
|-5--7--9--------|-9--7--5----|
|----------------|------------|
In this case, that B note (7th fret on the high E string) is played quietly, or maybe not at all -- it is up to you. (By the way, those letters above the staff just stand for the note values; Q=quarter, E=eighth, etc.)

But in some tabs, parentheses can indicate a "tie", which is used between bars, extending the duration of a note. Example:
  Q   Q   E E  E E   +Q.    E E  E E  E
|------------------|--------------------|
|----10--10-9------|---------------9----|
|-------------11-9-|-(9)------9-11---11-|
|------------------|-------11-----------|
Here we see an E (9th fret on the G string) right before a bar line. It is indicated as an eighth note, but we want to extend the duration by three eighths (dotted quarter note). Thus, in bar 2, we have the 9 in parentheses to indicate that we do not pick it, but hold it from the last time we picked it. The +Q. above it means it is a tied note, and we hold it for an extra dotted quarter note value (3/8).
We sometimes catch a window
A glimpse of what's beyond
Quote by dannii_13
hi what does it mean if theres an s e.g. 0s-3
it doesn't mention it on the key at the bottom of the tab i saw it on

That usually means a slide. It could be a shift slide, or a legato slide. It depends.

A shift slide just means picking the note before the s, and sliding to the note after the s and picking it. (e.g. 3s7 = pick 3, slide to 7 and pick 7.)

A legato slide means picking the note before the s, sliding to the next note, and just holding it there. Hopefully you can get the string to still vibrate playing the new note, because you don't pick it. (e.g. 2s4 = pick 2, slide to 4 and hold 4 for the require duration [without picking]).

In tablature that I've seen, a capital S is usually a shift slide, and a lower case s is a legato slide.

In your case, you're sliding from 0 to 3. I guess, after picking the open string, you could either hammer on 1 just for an instant to slide to 3, or slide to 3 from the nut.
We sometimes catch a window
A glimpse of what's beyond