Ok so i bought an ibanez ijv50 starter pack about a month ago and well, its an awesome guitar.

just a week ago i broke my high e string so i went to the music store and bought a pack of extra light .10-.47 daddario strings. This was the first time i broke my string and to tell you the truth, the stock strings were not bad. oh by the way the stock strings are a different gauge like 11 or 12, deffinately not 10.

ok the problem is that the new string has gotten rough in just 2 days after installing it and when i wipe the string with an ear bud, i get all that grime of of it.

my question is that how come the new string got rough so early and has already started to accumulate dirt and grime where as the stock strings were smooth as butter despite not wiping it or anything.

besides, now i have to wipe my sting everyday to get that grime of it.

P.S i am a new player.
That's just how some strings are. Your best bet would be to Google what kind of strings come stock on your guitar and stick with those if you like how they feel.
i assume stock strings are 9 for ibanez
also, as far as i understood you changed only 1 string? change others
Quote by Regensgeliebte

I meant type, not gauge.
Quote by Regensgeliebte

You assumed wrong(as so many have of late in the ACOUSTIC forum).

TS, the stock strings were undoubtedly coated strings, such as Elixers, and more than likely .012 gauge.
yeah well they are coated, and i think thats the problem, my e string's coating has worn off or something, any who thanks guys.