So I got an old archtop a few weeks ago and I finally fixed up to working order. I got to thinking though, "why stop there?". I want to put a pickup on it so I can amplify it and have a hollowbody.

My plan was just to have a dogear p90 screwed on (in the bridge position) and have a single volume pot. I don't really need a tone, since I'm going for simplicity. Then I'd need to get an input jack on there too. Right now its fully acoustic. Does anyone know how complicated that might be?
Doesn't spound too complicated. You're gonna need to get the pickup wire to the pot (inside the guitar i presume, so you're gonna need to have a third hole beneath the PU. You're also probably gonna have to drill a hole for the pot/knob, as well as an input jack.
Basically, if you're (semi) skilled with a drill and a soldering iron it shouldn't be any problem. If you're not sure though, it's safest to bring it to a pro luthier.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
You'd also need to find a way to ground the pickup to both the pot and the bridge. Alternatively, you could get a piezo pickup and an endpin jack, then run it through an amp with a volume pedal/knob.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Here's a wiring diagram I found (not mine). It's for a Phat Cat, which is just a humbucker sized P90.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Mounting the pickup to the body might cause trouble depending on how thick the top is. Many archtops you see have a neck pickup "floating" rather than routed and screwed into the guitar's top. I am just wondering if the top would be strong enough to be screwed into...
You could get one of the neck-mount pickups Stewmac has.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
You could get one of the neck-mount pickups Stewmac has.

Meh, I want the pickup in the bridge, since this guitar is going to be used for non-jazz purposes. Could someone elaborate on the floating pickup thing?